PEDESTAL SEAT MOUNT BOLT ACCESS

How do you access the front pedestal seat mount nuts. I've replaced the bushing, but it appears the mount itself is bad. It looks like you can get to them if you remove the front storage compartment, but not sure how to do that. Thanks for any help.

Some models have an access plate in the front storage compartment to access that area
    But some don’t

My zx250 had a access plate in the front storage

If you don’t see an access plate in the storage compartment try pulling the front bow panel and stick a camera down there and take some pics
    This will give you some idea of what you’re getting yourself into

They can be installed a little differently year to year and may use a pre-made mount or may create a custom one
    Some mount from the top some mount from the bottom
    Some are glassed in and others aren’t and in the case of my mine they did both
    I have 2 pedestal holes and they used different mounts and styles

Some mounts have threads tapped right into the mount other just weld a nut to the bottom of the shaft
    My front one has a nut welded to the bottom but they glassed it in the back hole is a custom one they tapped threads right into the mount

I had pulled the bow panel for another job and took this pic just to see what was in there and was amazed at what I saw

Attachment 512045
    Last edited by MichAngler; 01-29-2023 at 09:43 AM.
    "The handicapped angler"

3. Member
    Might depend on your model/year. On my 2002 ZX, you remove the front storage box. There are some screws around the top of it, plus the 2 than hold the bottom lift assist bracket. Then lift out the box. On mine there is plenty of extra wire to the courtesy light so not necessary to remove it from the box. The post mounting plate (I think it's 4"x6") sits recessed into the deck under carpet and is bolted/screwed thru a larger piece of glassed-in plywood under the deck. So, to actually remove the plate you would have to remove carpet, but hopefully all you need it to tighten the bolts. Hope this helps...here's a pic of my underside (mine has two mounts).
    post.JPG
    2002 Skeeter ZX200
    2018 200SHO