Voltage Question

I have 2 126 and 2 102sv's with livescope. When I first turn the power on my console units(126sv) read 12.4 voltage but after about 10 minutes they drop to 11.8 volts. It generally stabilizes at 11.8 for a long period of time. Is this normal or should the units show more voltage to them.

2. Member
    Oh and just for reference I have 1 trojan overdrive agm 31 battery for all the electronics, livescope, dd26 turrent and boat functions. I'm wondering if its underpowered?

3. Member
    Mine show more. I've seen 13+ if I just ran the outboard for a bit then shut down and turned on a display. I don't think I've ever seen them drop below 12.0v. Several factors involved including condition of the battery, wire gauge, integrity of the connections, etc.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beandip View Post
    Oh and just for reference I have 1 trojan overdrive agm 31 battery for all the electronics, livescope, dd26 turrent and boat functions. I'm wondering if its underpowered?
    Forgot to add I have 2 power poles also.

Not enough Battery and improper wire sizing and connections.

All these newer large screens and devices are no joke and add up to a large draw.

6. Member
    What does the battery read when checked with a DVOM at the battery compared to what the displays show? If the battery reads 12.6 or so and the display reads 12.0 for example, then you either need to check connections or need a larger wire because there is too much voltage drop. Now there would probably show a voltage drop while the power pole is running but should rebound when it stops.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay