1989 184 Electrical Problem

Can anyone help me figure out what the factory wiring looked like in the gas tank compartment, the previous owner did some rigging to say the least and I am left to pick up where they left off, I believe I have the wires figured out but my only issue is that they attached a main power wire to the positive of the battery and ran that directly under the dash and then used a ground wire to tie in on one of the bolts on the steering cable, its a night mare , I am trying to figure out where the buss is that connects to the grounds and positives and what it looked like from factory.

Ps I have the gas tank that goes completely over the bilge pumps if that helps, this boat is a 184 champion with a 150hp GT Johnson outboard

2. Member
    I don't know. But you do have to get it right. Back in the day I had a boat on fire due to wiring. Have it check out. Someone will know. Good luck.

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Post your email and I'll send you an owners manual that will help you with the wiring. No Buss bar type connection power is fused from the battery then into the wiring harness.

4. Member
    email is mason007roberts@yahoo.com Thank you very much!!

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    You've got mail

6. Member
    Thank you so much!! I got it