FFS - Motor Guide X3 Turret

Finally got the time to make and install a turret for my sonar, got tired of turning the trolling motor when I wanted to scan for fish. I got the actual plans here from a member and I can't remember who so I can thank him, I already love it and haven't got it wet yet. I downsized the conduit box and the PVC pipe to better suit my install, he had a different trolling motor that used different attachment plates. I made a couple of dog bone mounts out of 1-1/4 Delrin to mount mine. I see when I look at the pictures I took I forgot to install my on/off switch in the lid, but that's simple.

The switch on the foot pedal is so I can test and tune the position it needs to be. Under the pedal is 1/4 SS plate, with Velcro on the bottom to hold it to the carpeted floor. When I'm sure of the right position for the stomp switch I will build another pedal plate to incorporate the switch, but for now it's ready to fish

And thanks again to whomever I stole all this from

20230128_155612.jpg20230128_155627.jpg20230128_155707.jpg20230128_155714.jpg20230128_155700.jpg

2. Member
    I think its Bill Reynolds design from the clever tips and ideas forum https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1137569
    Looks great, I’ve been meaning to build one myself, just haven’t found the time yet.

3. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

Bill should patent that design!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Humboldtnick View Post
    I think its Bill Reynolds design from the clever tips and ideas forum https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1137569
    Looks great, I’ve been meaning to build one myself, just haven’t found the time yet.

Yes sir, that's the one, thanks for that. I looked everywhere. I printed all the info a while back and there was no recognition on the PDF.

Hats off and thank you Bill Reynolds!

That is real cool!