Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Why going to a UPS store sucks...

Because they allow people to come in with their crap they bought from Amazon for returns. This morning I had to stand in a line of 7 women ahead of me returning clothes/shoes they bough from Amazon, and none of it boxed up. An example is one lady brought in 2 boxes of shoes she got from Amazon. What should have been free shipping back I guess ended up costing her $19 because UPS would not accept the way that she brought them back as they were just shoe boxes so they charged her $19 for 2 shipping boxes that were no bigger than the shoe boxes that the shoes were in. That whole process took almost 10 minutes from the time it started to the time she was done.

Then to stand in line for someone who was bringing back 6 items that had individual return shipping. On a weekday it is nothing to see a line of people like this going 100' outside of the door waiting to get in to return stuff to Amazon.

When you’re done…go outside and yell at some clouds.

3. Member
    Business is good at UPS.

4. Member
    Hi Karen, sorry for your troubles this morning. My UPS store takes individual items without a shipping box… Your UPS store owner is a hustler, I guess good for him/her, not good for you lol.

5. Member
    I get that it sucks waiting in line but those folks are entitled to be be serviced by the folks working there before you did as I presume they got in line first. As long as they are a paying customer and the business is willing to provide the service that they need I do not see a problem here.

I've made a few Amazon returns. I doubt it takes much more than a minute. They scan a QR code I have ready on my phone and print a receipt, and place my return over to the side to process later. if both parties have their ducks in a row, they should be able to process 10 Amazon returns in 10-15 minutes.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    When you’re done…go outside and yell at some clouds.
    that comment made me lol literally
    BassCat Cougar FTD / Mercury 250 ProXS
    Lowrance / Garmin

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JBIGUNS View Post
    that comment made me lol literally
    Saw him
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Member
    It sounds to me like the people in front of you are the problem, not the UPS store. I have ordered shoes from Amazon and they come in their regular box, that comes inside a resealable bag. She probably got rid of the bag which was her ticket to a free ride back to Amazon. That's a costly little mistake.

I returned an Amazon package the other day at the UPS store. With a QR code it took less than a minute. You can't blame UPS. You know that Amazon gives them a cut of each returned package.

I hate it when a business tries and make money. I should always be the only customer that they have.

Yet we wonder why this new generation demands instant gratification or tgey getl9ud on social media...
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 01-28-2023 at 02:52 PM.

11. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    I bet the phrase “ Get off my Lawn” is used often…..

12. Member
    sounds like you think you are the only one who deserves service, why don't you go where somebody cares, stop cluttering up bbc

13. Member
    LAst amazon return I made I just took the item up and they scanned something and I left. I dunno I dont return much.

14. Member
    3 questions for anglei:

Was there anyone in line behind you? Wonder where they post?

What were you shipping and to where? Next time skip all that crazy and drive you package where it needs to go?

How did they get the shoe boxes in the other boxes seeing the new boxes were not bigger? I’m having trouble picturing it.

thanks.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

15. Banned
    Sorry others had business to do besides you and got there before you.

Almost All Amazon returns thru UPS do not need to be boxed! Not sure I've ever had to box one.

16. Member
    My local UPS store is awesome. It just feels like the employees there are happier/better than the Fedex locations. I wonder if UPS is franchised and Fedex is big company employees? I always make sure that the return code is up on a screenshot- sometimes you run into people who sit there at the front of the line browsing through their emails etc...

17. Member
    I was at the grocery store and had to wait..... for people buying groceries! The nerve of those people!
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

18. Member
    You would not want to use the boar ramps around here as there is always a line.

19. Member
    No box needed for Amazon returns at my store. I’m usually in and out in minutes. Sure beats USPS where the line is usually a mile long.

20. Member
    I am very satisfied with Amazon's return policy. I mainly use the UPS option but will occasionally use Kohls. I definitely don't get upset at the customers that got there before me.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast