Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Will Walmart ever reopen for 24hrs?

Asked this elsewhere and curious to hear the feedback here.

They say they have no immediate plans to do so. I admit that with my work schedulethat I miss the convenience of a 24hr store like that. When the kids were little tgey were a life saver if a sudden illness etc cane about. Made many a run to Walmart late at night for medicine etc.

My thoughts are that if it was profitable that it would return.

I'm sure all the WM haters wanting to share that street cred will chime in but we don't care that you hate WM. ..........This thread is for the people that shop there.....

Quite honestly I didn’t know that the WM stores were no longer open 24hours. I’m one that doesn’t shop there but I do see a glimmer of positive if it were open 24 hours for reasons you’ve stated.

3. Member
    It was a nice option to have when needed but not a must have. I do most of my shopping at Walmart for the record to include: clothing, groceries, auto supplies, pet food, electronics and others I'm sure. I know I'm an anomaly on here but I'm okay with that.

I’m sure they would have a hard time finding people that want to work those hours again. Covid has changed a lot of people’s working habits………

At one time I got off work at 3AM, and would stop at Walmart on the way home. It was nice. Being retired now, I sleep at night.

6. Banned
    The nearest Chinamart™ to me seems to be pushing the 'Self Serve' lines w/3 barkers at the 3 kiosks and then the OneGuy™ who mumbles under His 2 masks is working the only Reg. check-out..

7. Member
    Not until they can show that it turns a profit they wouldn't otherwise get.

8. Member
    Yep I do miss them been open 24 hrs.
    Use to work second shift.
    And did most of my shopping on the way home.
    Mostly only the workers restocking. And got the the fresh fruits and stuff.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    I too had not noticed they no longer have any 24 hour stores. How about the larger grocery chains such as Kroger? They used to have some 24 hour stores, have they also pulled back?
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    I too had not noticed they no longer have any 24 hour stores. How about the larger grocery chains such as Kroger? They used to have some 24 hour stores, have they also pulled back?
    Ours are no longer open all night here. Just till 12:00 or 1:00 if I recall.

Crime and staffing might be a consideration in opening back up 24hrs. At least in some locations.

Pulled into Clear Lake one trip at 3:00am. Wife wanted to pick up a few groceries so we stopped in. Mostly workers restocking and pallets of merchandise everywhere. When we went to check out the gal in front of us had a six pack of Mountain Dew and a pair of flip flops.

12. Member
    I didn't know they weren't 24 hours. Is this all stores nationwide ? I don't shop there but my wife does and she is headed there right now. I almost was tempted the other day regarding tire pricing but I was able to resist.
    GETFISHED !!!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I.P. Freely View Post
    I’m sure they would have a hard time finding people that want to work those hours again. Covid has changed a lot of people’s working habits………
    I bet shoplifting at those hours would kill any profits they could make, depending on the location. Yes Covid has changed people's work habits, (don't want to work and don't want to pay for anything)

Been in there at 4 am for emergency 2 stroke oil.

15. Member
    I would guess with the shortage of help and retailers loosing $94 billion to theft. Then no if anything the hours will reduce more in the future. Walmart Pharmacies announced they are closing at 7pm due to lack of help. Not just Walmart but other retailers will reduce hours as the theft will continue to increase and losses will stack up more.

16. Member
    Might be in a few years everything will be online and ship to you only. This is sort of happening now, check out the video below on zero employee MacDonalds.

https://fb.watch/ilbDLVpIK2/
    Last edited by Dixie-Raven; 01-28-2023 at 01:19 PM.

17. Member
    You get great price breaks after midnight at Walmart…..half off self esteem.

18. Member
    Our local hasn’t been 24hrs for 5 or 6 years,maybe more.
    Red Sox in 6!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Asked this elsewhere and curious to hear the feedback here.

They say they have no immediate plans to do so. I admit that with my work schedulethat I miss the convenience of a 24hr store like that. When the kids were little tgey were a life saver if a sudden illness etc cane about. Made many a run to Walmart late at night for medicine etc.

My thoughts are that if it was profitable that it would return.

I'm sure all the WM haters wanting to share that street cred will chime in but we don't care that you hate WM. ..........This thread is for the people that shop there.....
    Honestly one of the only times I would go into a walmart was odd hours needing something (cheap tools or emergency battery or whatever). Walmart tends to be a last resort if other places are closed for me.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

20. Member
    Not sure if our local wm is open 24 hours. I normally try to go around 9:00 am mid-week with the rest of us retired folks. Much better experience.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast