Correct oil filter

2021 Mercury 115 Pro XS s# 3B033826

Is the Mercury 35-8M0162829 the correct filter ?
    2021 rt188p , Mercury 115 Pro XS CT , Croxton Razor 4XLR 22 , Z lock 4” jack plate , 8’ power pole blades

2. Member
    That is the filter # for my 2022 115 Mercury. I looked all through the owners manual and it never says what # oil filter it takes, I had to pull the cover to get the number to order the filter.

3. Member
    Don’t even see mine under the cowl .
    Wish the owners manual was made of softer paper.
    2021 rt188p , Mercury 115 Pro XS CT , Croxton Razor 4XLR 22 , Z lock 4” jack plate , 8’ power pole blades

35-8M0162829 is what came on my 2022. You can always refer to the Mercury parts express website for any part numbers just input your serial number.
    https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/.../parts-catalog

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Note that there are also two current numbers: One is Mercury, the other is Quicksilver. Both are appropriate.

Part numbers appear in Parts Catalog (not owner's manuals)- as the owner's manual can't be updated once you have it.

You can lookup parts 24 hours a day on our website, by engine serial number, at: www.mercurypartsonline.net

Can even order them right there- and parts automatically supersede to the latest number as you place them in the cart.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    8M0162829 or 8M0162830 are acceptable filters.

Don't forget the fuel filter, gear lube, drain plug seals, and despite contrary suggestions, it's probably prudent to do the water pump now as well.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor