Need Advise for Spare Prop

I have a 2012 Ranger Z521 pushed by a 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO on a 10 inch manual jackplate. I am spinning a T1 25, and I am looking for a spare prop. Seems everyone recommends getting another T1 or T2. It pushes the boat well, but they are hard to find. I am interested in hearing any additional experience/ recommendations from others with the same or similar setup. Seems like used Mercury props are easier to come by. Is anyone run Mercury props? I am not looking for major performance improvements, I can run about 65 WOT at 5800-6000 RPM. If I can get more performance out of a prop, great, but similar performance would be good to. I am looking to for a spare so, I don't want to spend anywhere near what a new one costs. I appreciate any advise.

D

2. Member
    Friend of mine runs a 25 Fury 3 blade on his '13 520c w/SHO and really likes it.

John

3. Member
    Mercury Bravo FS or XS 25", I ran that on my 250 SHO and 20' Lake and bay backwater. Carries any load you throw at it, handles incredible in turns, terrific mid range speed and top end, never loses grip, jumps right up on plane......... once you run it, you won't want to run your Yamaha prop anymore. if you just want a cheap spare prop, mercury tempest + 3 blade or a trophy 4 blade both perform very good as well and can be had reasonably priced.

4. Member
    Thank you gentlemen, I appreciate the advise.

5. Member
    23 or 24 pitch Solas Scorpion.