250 sho problems

2011 250 sho sometimes flys out of the hole, other times it’s very slow out of the hole, and then sometimes it hangs up and won’t plane out at all. Seems to happen worse after a run when I turn the boat off and start up again. It’s all over the place. I have put a new fuel line from motor to primer bulb, checked the tps sensor, new battery, changed complete vst pump, new plugs, new fuel/water separator, it has a new power head last year with 35 hrs now. Does not make oil, just very frustrated and figured someone could help. Thanks

oh yeah it’s runs fine in every way except holeshot issues, also sometimes it surges a little during holeshot.
    Last edited by Brad Jones; 01-28-2023 at 11:40 AM.

2. Member
    Check fuse box wire connections. Best of luck.

3. Member
    So I checked my fuel line going from the bulb to the first filter and it was collapsing on the inside (clear liner). I guess my question is would this cause these problems? It never runs out of fuel running at top speed, just was wondering what you guys thought. The weather is to bad around here to test. Thanks for any help

4. Member
    I had a 2012 Skeeter that was having fuel issues like you described. The dealer told me the tank was getting put into a vacuum because of a check valve sticking on top of the fuel tank. I never visually looked at the part they said they replaced. If I remember I think they said it just looked like a 90 degree fitting but was also a check valve. Don’t know if this is your problem or not but you might check.

5. Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Jones View Post
    So I checked my fuel line going from the bulb to the first filter and it was collapsing on the inside (clear liner). I guess my question is would this cause these problems? It never runs out of fuel running at top speed, just was wondering what you guys thought. The weather is to bad around here to test. Thanks for any help
    I had that issue on a different motor brand and it was causing the same thing you are describing. Once it got up and going there was enough pressure and to push the liner out of the way. But when coming out of the hole it was restricting flow.

6. Member
    Ethanol will destroy older fuel lines and bubble's. The liner fails and come's apart, dissolving and breaking up in mico parts washing into the fuel system, restricting fuel flow and pressure. Always replace old fuel line and bubble with one that is Ethanol approved. FYI

RangerZ - IONIC Batteries, Lithiumhub.com

7. Member
    THANKS GUYS. I DONT THINK IT MADE IT TO THE FILTERS, THEY ARE ALL NEW AT THIS POINT. I SURE HOPE THIS FIXES IT, IM TIRED OF CHASING MY TAIL ON THIS ONE

8. Member
    So your new clear fuel line was collapsing? Change primer ball also.

9. Member
    The clear liner was collapsed in the old gray fuel line. I replaced that line but I have not had a chance to try it. I plan on replacing bulb also. Thank you