Cool .300 Ham’r bolt rifle

Finally got rifle back from gunsmith. Started out as a Ruger American Ranch rifle in .300 Blackout. Bought a conversion barrel from Wilson Combat in .300 Ham’r and had my local smith swap it out. Scope is a Trijicon Accupoint 3-9. Also have a Q Trash Panda suppressor on order to finish it out. Super excited to get this out in the woods come November.

Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

2. Member
    Isn't that chamber an improved blackout that still fits in an AR? If so I would think going with a more traditional 30 caliber would work better in the bolt action. Now if that rifle i scaled down to the size of their 7.62x39 model I can see that would be light and handy. Is that the action that your rifle is based off of?

Also, I am curious about those Ruger rifles. Do they have a locknut barrel system like Savage has used for years?

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Isn't that chamber an improved blackout that still fits in an AR? If so I would think going with a more traditional 30 caliber would work better in the bolt action. Now if that rifle i scaled down to the size of their 7.62x39 model I can see that would be light and handy. Is that the action that your rifle is based off of?

Also, I am curious about those Ruger rifles. Do they have a locknut barrel system like Savage has used for years?
    The .300 Ham’r is pretty much a .30-30 that fits in an AR. I already have a Wilson Combat AR in .300 Ham’r, which is why I built this bolt rifle. Have a ton of loaded ammo and components. The Ruger American Ranch is a short action sized for .223, .300 Blackout, and similar length cartridges. They do have the locknut barrel system, which makes it super easy to swap out. Wilson Combat has a kit for the .300 Ham’r conversion. I like hunting with oddball stuff, so this scratches an itch. Started hunting with a muzzleloader pistol two years ago just to do something different. Have killed deer with several different handguns, including a custom T/C Encore pistol in .300 Whisper. Planning on building an Encore pistol in .300 Ham’r as well.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

Nice! That Ruger American still has to be one of the most underrated rifles. I've been tempted to get one in .300 Blackout or 7.62x39 for a handy brush gun after hearing about how much folks love them.

5. Member
    I have one in 350 legend with a leupold cds...sweet little shooter...good pricepoint as well

I like it enought thst i just bought a ruger american predator in 22-250
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

I had a Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor (left hand). It was a solid rifle that shot Hornady factory ammo into very small groups. I got the itch for a “nice” rifle and sold it to help fund a left hand Tikka. Would absolutely buy another Ruger. Have a variety of them still in the safe.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS