Lid struts for rt188p

The center rod locker is the only compartment on mine with struts.
    I would like to add struts to the little center step, cooler , starboard side box , and the port side box.
    You guys that have done this what size struts did you use ?
    Also how many , The port side box is pretty big so I’m thinking it might need 2.
    The center step is pretty small so I’m sure 1 will do ,but will need to be a smaller strut ?
    2021 rt188p , Mercury 115 Pro XS CT , Croxton Razor 4XLR 22 , Z lock 4” jack plate , 8’ power pole blades

2. Member
    There’s a lot of info in the stickies at the top of the page. This one is a long read but I think it’s all covered in here.

https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=701184

3. Member
    Nothing I could find mentioned the step compartment
    2021 rt188p , Mercury 115 Pro XS CT , Croxton Razor 4XLR 22 , Z lock 4” jack plate , 8’ power pole blades

4. Member
    I got 10" 10# struts from Amazon. I got the 10" because that's plenty of clearance for the gear I store in the front compartments. I would not recommend a strut on the step because you won't be able to look down into it when seated on the deck.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxTide View Post
    I got 10" 10# struts from Amazon. I got the 10" because that's plenty of clearance for the gear I store in the front compartments. I would not recommend a strut on the step because you won't be able to look down into it when seated on the deck.
    Im not understanding the part about not being able to look down into the box from the deck.
    Can you explain.

6. Member
    Can you share a picture of where/how you mounted these?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeintheshade View Post
    Im not understanding the part about not being able to look down into the box from the deck.
    Can you explain.
    It wont fully open and when looking from the deck you wont be able to see inside very well. Sitting in the cockpit you will be fine.

8. Member
    I mounted them to the front of the port and starboard compartments.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

9. Member
    I mounted them to the front of the port and starboard compartments.
    Did you drill through the lid or did you mount them to the support that's under the lid?