Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Unless I’m mistaken I don’t think nitro has used wood since the z9s
    From a recent thread in the Ranger forum from a guy who visited Ranger/Nitro/Triton plants

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreydavisjr View Post
    I may have been most impressed by the Nitro plant. The manager there had over 30 years of experience and was incredibly knowledgable about boat building. The biggest difference between the 2 is Nitro uses wood (marine grade plywood and/or balsa) in their boats. They wouldn't let me take pictures of it. But there is wood throughout the boat. The plant manager said several times, "I'm not apologizing for using wood in our boats.". They do it right for sure. But the rod boxes are mostly wood and there appeared to be two 2x6 pieces of plywood at the bottom of the boat used for added strength. There is NO WOOD in the transom. They use a large thick hardened piece of metal in the transom which looks bulletproof honestly. That was nice to see.

The plant manager stated one of the benefits of using wood encased in fiberglass is because you get that extra added strength from wood and its also lighter than using all fiberglass and will allow the boat go faster.

As far as the facility goes... Its on par with Ranger. The people at the Nitro plant seemed happy, and literally enjoyed what they were doing. It was all smiles while I was there. The plant was also very clean. I was just throughly impressed with the entire facility.

I also saw Nitro's water tank and they demonstrated how each boat is water tested for leaks before the final seal of approval. The Quality Control at Nitro seems impeccable.

I saw more of the Nitro plant (Ranger didn't show us everything). But Nitro was very secretive... limited pictures of almost everything.

I was so impressed that honestly, the Nitro Z20 would be my second choice of boat after the Ranger 520R.
    https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1206196

Only one builder has this. The rest say all composite construction.
    BassCatGlass.JPG

P01135809

3. Member
    I sure hope so. In 2000 a 20 footer was around 20 k new. Now 100k

I think there are some improvements and these likely vary by manufacturer. I had a 2000 Triton TR21 and to me, that boat had a layout that was perfect and nothing I've seen since really tops that. Quality of items may be a little better but the layout of the deck was good. The hull was 16 years old when I sold it and it was as solid as the day it was built. I now have a BassCat Eyra and I think there are some build quality improvements in this boat and I'm very satisfied with it, the manufacturer support and the overall fit/finish is better. The BCB trailer is light years ahead of the EZ Loader under the Triton and I think in general some trailers have improved over this time. All this may vary my who makes the boat, who know owns the boat company and certainly what trailer they're using.

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post

A tricked out 20' might be pushing $100,000 but as rigged out like those boats back then it's not.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    From a recent thread in the Ranger forum from a guy who visited Ranger/Nitro/Triton plants

https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1206196
    Had no idea, that's pretty interesting. As long as it isn't causing issues I have zero problem with it. With the issues boats had for years with wood transoms I can see why they don't want to publicize that they are still using some wood construction.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Had no idea, that's pretty interesting. As long as it isn't causing issues I have zero problem with it. With the issues boats had for years with wood transoms I can see why they don't want to publicize that they are still using some wood construction.
    Why? Yellow Fin builds nice, million dollar boats that take a beating offshore and still uses wood in their boats.

8. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post
    In 2000 an FLW event paid 200k. Ranger cup added another 60k. Today in the 100k boat they pay half. We have come a long way.

ares.JPG

9. Member
    Other than better fuel economy, speed, and a better (different brand boat) ride there is really nothing my current boat does that my 1987 Ranger 360 could not do. If I could put a new motor, current trolling motor, electronics and power poles on a new old designed rig I doubt I would notice much difference. I'm still on the fence on if the lithiums are better than the batteries I used to run. I had to replace one lithium and the other 2 are having issues now, less than 3 years old

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234