Thread: Alpha 211 info

Alpha 211 info

Can any of you guys give me the good, bad, and ugly on alpha 211 models? I've seen a few in interested in but most of what I know about legends has to do with the v series boats.

2. Member
    I have an Alpha 199. A 1' shorter 211. IMO, there is no bad or ugly. Buy one and thank me later.

Actually, what you are getting is one of the best built boat (if not the best built). A boat that does not chine walk at 70mph. Great rough water ride. Has been compared to a Champion, arguably the best rough water riding boat ever built. One of the things I like about Legends is you are not getting a cookie cutter boat. You might see another Legend boat on the ramp, but you will not see another with same colors as yours.

Mine is a 2009 and there is not one single stress crack. Again in my opinion the reason Johnny Morris stopped production is the Legend was a threat to Ranger. He did not need two Cadillac boats. He had the Buick in the Triton and the Chevy with the Nitro and Ranger had the better name, not the better boat.

I guess the bad would be, if you have to have the fastest boat, you should buy something else.

3. Member
    I have been in a Legend boat since 2008 my first one was a 199 I fished out of it until 2015 then purchased a used 211 R and I have not been disappointed. The only thing I have done is put a 4 stroke on it. I agree it is not the fastest boat on the water but when it comes to the rough water you won't be disappointed.

one of the best boats made. The only issue i think with the 211 was there was 1 year where they had a hook in the hull around the transom.... i think it was only a handful of rigs and may have been the first year for the R (2015 maybe?)

Someone here might know. legend was fixing them but other than that i don't recall any issues. I have a 199 also. a 211 is the only boat i would consider as an upgrade.

5. Member
    I've had a 2011 Alpha 211 for 5 years now and absolutely love it! I have zero complaints about the boat. It's built extremely well, takes rough water like a dream. It isn't the fastest out there but if you were looking for fast you would be looking elsewhere. You wouldn't regret getting one! About the only boat i would consider getting rid of my 211 for would be a V series, I like the wider front deck...
    2011 Legend Alpha 211 DC
    250 Pro XS
    Solix 10 G2 MSI & Onix 10 NT
    Elite 9 Ti2 connected to
    Motorguide Xi5 105

6. Member
    I have had mine since 2013, no issues.
    2013 A211 250 Pro XS
    Bob"s 10" Action Series Hydraulic Jack Plate
    2-8' Power Poles

7. Member
    Thanks for all the info fellas. I'm actually mulling over trading down from an 18' Phoenix 721 to around a 12' model 211. Seems like I'm really only losing a few mph and maybe a touch of rough water ride.

I see most run a 24-25 fury on them with 2 stroke mercs. I have a 27 bravo I run as a backup on my current boat I'll hang on to if i pull the trigger. Would the 27 be alright or would I most likely need to have it worked or trade for a 26?

8. Member
    I ran a 26 fury on mine with the 2 stroke during the winter and a 25 fury in the summer.

9. Member
    The keypad and 'brain' for electric controls are notorious for going bad and replacement parts are near impossible to find so you may at some point have to invest in manual switches if you pick up an alpha 211. Other than those issues I have really loved mine.

10. Member
    Man now I'm on this thread, I'm looking at a champion 201 a Ranger 520 and now a Legend alpha 211. Need to make a decision. I'll admit the Legend I'm looking at Looks Awesome!!!!!

11. Member