High 5 on Ranger 521c

Hey guys I’m looking for a new big water prop. I spent about half the season last year with a 24p 4 blade on my 250 pro xs 2 stroke. I know guys love this prop but I felt like I could have used more lift in many occasions. I live in upstate NY and deal with big waves regularly. I am looking for recommendations on what pitch and diameter I should be looking at for the high 5. This will be strictly used in big wave scenarios. Thanks I’m advance for your time.

I run a 25p Bravo xs on a 521vx. When I load the boat up with my daughter and SIL along with my wife, full of fuel, live wells full and a pair of 12’ Talons the ole pig doesn’t want to get on pad. I’ve got a 22p High 5 that I’ve thought of trying on it. My motor is a Merc 250xs with the 1-1/4 shaft so I would have to take swap hubs if the prop would work, or I would be willing to sell or trade for a 4 blade. I’m not very Knowledgeable on props but have received tons of help from the guy on here
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

The even pitch high 5's are too small in diameter and barrel for todays bassboats... The odd may be OK, but still small at 13 1/4 in diameter.... To me, The Bravo1 FS-XS or Marks Razor4 XL is a much better choice.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

We talked before about props for my Ranger. The Bravo worked great u til I put the second Talon on. I went back to my 3 blade but still won’t get on pad without someone hanging up front. What prop do you think i need for the heavy loads?

Bravo 1 XS with a 3800 rpm holeshot. Maybe you need less pitch? Adjust venting?

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

I’ve worked with the vents and couldn’t tell much difference. The Bravo worked great after Mark worked his magic. The handling and lift really woke up the Ranger. I’ve had a run of surgeries trying to rebuild my poor body that I have abused for way too long. I’ve got another one in a couple of weeks. I’ll try to get to the lake and get some numbers to work from. Thanks Mike, you’re always ready to help and a BBC asset.

I’m thinking of going to lithium’s for the troller and the loose of weight might bring things back to where they were before the second Talon so I don’t want to change the Bravo just in case.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by high 2 View Post
    I’ve worked with the vents and couldn’t tell much difference. The Bravo worked great after Mark worked his magic. The handling and lift really woke up the Ranger. I’ve had a run of surgeries trying to rebuild my poor body that I have abused for way too long. I’ve got another one in a couple of weeks. I’ll try to get to the lake and get some numbers to work from. Thanks Mike, you’re always ready to help and a BBC asset.
    Good luck with your upcoming procedure! My thoughts and prayers are with you!

John

Quote Originally Posted by John Hagins View Post
    Good luck with your upcoming procedure! My thoughts and prayers are with you!

John
    Thanks John, it’s been pretty rough the last few years. I get to feeling sorry for myself and then look around at some folks and I’m not as bad off as a bunch.