Trailer Frame Cracks

I was doing some maintenance on my boat/trailer (2017 Z19) and noticed cracks that went off to the left and right of each of my crossmembers. The cracks are located at the bottom left and right of where each crossmember is welded to the outer frame.

Anyone ever see this? (see pics...first one shows before I took off the coating...second one shows one side where I took off the coating to see the extent of the cracks)

nitro_trailer_crack_01.jpgnitro_trailer_crack_02.jpg
    David
    2017 Nitro Z19 - 200hp Merc Opti ProXS

2. Member
    Now I’m going to have to go check out my trailer

3. Member
    Update, my trailer is out of warranty. I believe they are only warrantied for 3 years. I ended up having a guy in my local club who welds take a look. He ended up doing some work to prevent the cracks from spreading. I don't think overall it is/was a huge structural issue, but definitely didn't want it to get worse. Just going to touch up the new work/welds with some liner and go with it.
    David

4. Member
    I had a crack in my axle where the plate was welded for the brake. Replaced axle.
    When welding a hairline crack like the one on your frame, I've was always told to drill a small hole at the end of the crack before welding.
    That is to prevent the crack from spreading.

5. Member
    Yep @Disciple, that's what my buddy did. Always nice when you can reach out to someone you know and trust with the things you aren't skilled in.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    I had a crack in my axle where the plate was welded for the brake. Replaced axle.
    When welding a hairline crack like the one on your frame, I've was always told to drill a small hole at the end of the crack before welding.
    That is to prevent the crack from spreading.
    David