Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffprocraft190 View Post
    I think the time Hank Parker won on Truman, he was using a spinnerbait, making a long run up Osage arm to,,, I believe, Gallinipper Creek and leaving gas cans under the bridge near Osceola.

Big worms are used a lot on Truman. Red shad was often a recommended color there.
    Man, that's one heck of a long run from Warsaw...even further to Clinton!

2. Member
    My 11lb pb came on a 6" back with pink tail Augertail worm.

Quote Originally Posted by avidbasser View Post
    Not necessarily old...but they work great and no longer made.

Whopper Baits = Boxing Craw

Used to buy these by the 100's.
    You might check Tackle Warehouse, I think Gambler started making a similar "boxing craw" type bait

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by jimsch View Post
    Smitty's Cinnamon Blue Veiners
    Now that’s a name I haven’t heard in awhile. My buddy and I met him at Lake San Antonio. He let us order direct. He made a brown worm with either a black stripe or orange stripe. The brown/orange was one of the best worms you could throw at San Antonio or Nacimiento. We also used his purple twin tail trailers. Between Oakley, R&R, Iovino, California Worms and Smitty’s we had some great guys pouring on the west coast.

Thanks for jogging my memory. Might have to see if I still have any left to throw.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzou211 View Post
    Jeff, if you want to sell any of those 12" Augertails, I'll buy whatever you want to sell. I might have to take a couple to a machinist buddy of mine and see if he can CMM them and make me an aluminum injection mold. Those things were a killer in the hot summer months in deeper brush piles. The heads of them are as big as your damn thumb!
    PM snet
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttranger View Post
    I wish Berkley would bring back the original 5" Power Finesse Worm - nothing better for finesse style fishing.
    They were good and smelly. No need for any attractant on them. Used to buy them in 100ct.bags.

Quote Originally Posted by wirerat99 View Post
    You might check Tackle Warehouse, I think Gambler started making a similar "boxing craw" type bait

Joe
    Thanks...they are similar, but not the same. The body for these made flipping into tight spots easy. I may give these a try though.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

The Mann's motor oil is a great color!

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    7" Bungee worm in motor oil.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

10. Member
    Flip tail worms & 6” grubs!!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    I have parts of a bag of each color, plus black grape and black, each in the basement. Plus, I also have some Southern Hobo worms in black and some Fish World Warrior Worms in Junebug and Kangaroo Worms in pumpkinseed.
    We used to drift a Carolina rigged chocolate Hobo (Hershey Bar we called em) across those huge flats on Lake Moultrie. Good Times!

12. Member
    Gillraker worms !
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    Back when I was taught wacky worming on Sam Rayburn late 80’s, I was taught it had to be a Creme worm. Haven’t seen one in a store since mid 90’s
    Creme has always been my go to for floating style fishing. just something about them I like, along with a bass or two also.

14. Member
    Ramsey pours some sweet motor oil.

The Auger tail was my favorite in the 80’s. Still have several. Electric Grape was the color!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

16. Member
    I don't have anymore, so had to attempt to draw one.
    But in the 80' there used to be a bait and tackle shop on Memorial Blvd in Lakeland, by the name of Ron's Bait and Tackle. And he would have the 5 gallon buckets of worms. And he had a Ron's wood worm, before it changed to another style.
    20230130_053813.jpg
    That was my attempt to draw it. But we used to catch lots on the blackgrape ones.

17. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Looks like some type of Ditto worm from that era ...
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

18. Member
    12" Manns worm holds the record bag for BASS ..... 132.8#, Paul Elias.

19. Member
    Still using my supply of Mr Twister 12”. Even throw them on a C-rig.

Quote Originally Posted by 250bassFL View Post
    I don't have anymore, so had to attempt to draw one.
    But in the 80' there used to be a bait and tackle shop on Memorial Blvd in Lakeland, by the name of Ron's Bait and Tackle. And he would have the 5 gallon buckets of worms. And he had a Ron's wood worm, before it changed to another style.
    20230130_053813.jpg
    That was my attempt to draw it. But we used to catch lots on the blackgrape ones.
    Maybe a Fliptail?
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast