2007 200 Question

Got some new to me electronics and and wondering if there is a power bar or anything in the bow area of the boat I can tie into. I know there is power there from the current lowrance unit but I am wondering if I am going to need to look at running new wire or biting the bullet and getting a new power harness (Sea Clear or Sonar pros). All ears so hit me with your knowledge or recommendations.

Thanks,
    Taylor

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Taylor, there should be an orange wire paired with a black wire at the bow that works off of A1 or A2. It is a 5A circuit. Personally, I'd go with Sea Clear. I'm headed in that direction with my 07 210.

3. Member
    A lot of wires. Harbor Freight wire pull sticks and pull it back to battery.
    I just stayed with Lowrance Gen3 with mine and it just plugged right into old Lowrance plug.
    IMG_20230126_202139241.jpg

4. Member
    Thanks, Reggie.

5. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Taylor, I'm also thinking about going to a dedicated electronics battery. If I do that, it'll probably do away with any idea about going to 36v on the TM. I'm currently using the original Motorguide, but will eventually replace it with a Ghost. At 24v, it produces over 90#, which would be plenty for they way I fish. Just need to see how much room I have available in the rear port corner of the battery compartment. I may can squeeze my Power Pole pumps closer together and have room for two more batteries instead of one.

6. Member
    I ran seaclear from the battery with the disconnect, it’s an easy install and connecting is a breeze with the posilocks.

7. Member
    I run sea clear on my 210 as well.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceboost615 View Post
    I ran seaclear from the battery with the disconnect, it’s an easy install and connecting is a breeze with the posilocks.
    +1 My graphs are super clear and no blinking.

9. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FDR80 View Post
    +1 My graphs are super clear and no blinking.
    Are you powering off your cranking battery or have a dedicated battery for your electronics? Planning on running Sea Clear in my boat and have read that some suggest a dedicated battery for your electronics. So I've also been looking at battery isolators so I can charge off of the outboard but not get any noise from the pumps.

10. Member
    Single 31 Blue top, that is running a 12 Carbon, 16 Carbon and AT. No problems

I changed my 210 over to the Sea Clear and I have no regrets!! Others on here will tell you it's over priced but after I did the research, it was the best option for me.
    Now I have ZERO issues with my graphs. Sharing the cranking battery that is an X2 Power AGM.

12. Member
    I used a Blue Sea 6 blade fuse block with negative bus and cover. The Blue Sea 12 fuse block with negative is a better deal.

https://www.bluesea.com/products/5025/ST_Blade_Fuse_Block_-_6_Circuits_with_Negative_Bus_and_Cover

I used 8ga. positive and negative marine grade wire from the battery to the block under the dash.. Then wired all of the added electronics into the fuse block. Now all of the electronics fuses are in the same location. I've since hand to expand, wire/jump a second Blue Sea fuse block next to the original.

Four Lowrance HDS units, Active Target Module, SS 3D Module, NMEA 2000 power.....

I also have a 30A manual Blue Seas circuit breaker at the battery for the fuse block. If you have a NMEA 2000 system with a Lowrance Point-1 GPS Antenna Module, you will need a disconnect power switch for that system. The point-1 draws constant power, It will kill the battery if not disconnected.

https://www.bluesea.com/products/cat...=Surface_Mount

Last edited by Ed R; 02-10-2023 at 06:36 AM.
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax