Sonar CH1 connector on Live units question

I'm replacing Carbons with Live units and the Blue sonar CH1 connector doesn't match my blue plug. Is my sonar too old to work with the Live unit?
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

2. Member
    It will work but you need a Lowrance 7 to 9 pin adapter. However if your transducer has an older than 7-10 years, I highly recommend you replace it. They wear out over time so you would be putting a work out transducer on a new, powerful unit.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    South of Baton Rouge but North of Plaquemine, LA

It's my thru hull sonar. I only use it while running at speed. I don't use it for detail since I have a AI 3 in 1 too. Is there any harm in continuing to use it for that? Are the adapters readily available?

And is there a suggested thru hull transducer that's best for my use?

6. Member
    South of Baton Rouge but North of Plaquemine, LA
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixDrew View Post
    It's my thru hull sonar. I only use it while running at speed. I don't use it for detail since I have a AI 3 in 1 too. Is there any harm in continuing to use it for that? Are the adapters readily available?
    No. Just get the adapter. My opinion.

7. Member
    Google what I typed. They are literally available everywhere
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    Google what I typed. They are literally available everywhere
    Yes. I saw that right after I posted the question.

9. Member
    I just switched from Gen3 Touch's to Live's and had to buy the same adapter. It has been 2wks and I still can't seem to make the CH1 PD-WBL ducer work on my maps. When you get yours connected if you can get it to work please post how.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leo13 View Post
    I just switched from Gen3 Touch's to Live's and had to buy the same adapter. It has been 2wks and I still can't seem to make the CH1 PD-WBL ducer work on my maps. When you get yours connected if you can get it to work please post how.
    what do you mean "work on my maps"?????

11. Member
    Adding depth from the shoot through on the overlay for the chart screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    what do you mean "work on my maps"?????

12. Member
    Adding depth from the shoot through on the overlay for the chart screen.
    So does this mean you are not sure how to add the overlay? or connecting to your PD TH

13. Member
    I don’t want to high jack the OP’s thread just want to see if he is able to make it work. This is my second set of HD’s, yes I know how to configure the graph’s and add the overlays. Still not working. I had the data source set to the shoot through, it was still showing the 3 in 1 as the source. I was able to make it switch to the shoot through tonight, so maybe it will work. Have tried the the same thing 100 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    So does this mean you are not sure how to add the overlay? or connecting to your PD TH

14. Member
    I don’t want to high jack the OP’s thread just want to see if he is able to make it work. This is my second set of HD’s, yes I know how to configure the graph’s and add the overlays. Still not working. I had the data source set to the shoot through, it was still showing the 3 in 1 as the source. I was able to make it switch to the shoot through tonight, so maybe it will work. Have tried the the same thing 100 times.
    OK know that I know what you know. You unplug that unit from ethernet set the source on your sonar page to the TH transducer the delete the current overlay and add a new one. Assuming your data source setting at the sonar page and the data sources is set to TH transducer. The overlay should grab that one for the depth. You need to understand that what I read I don't always believe that people on here say what they mean and it takes forever to get a straight answer to solve a problem, Hope this helps.