Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Opinions on 19 TRX

Seriously thinking of ordering a 19 TRX Patriot. My last Triton was a number of years ago. Anyone have any experience with that boat?
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

2. Member
    Since no responses maybe not a common model. Anyway, I went to Pro's Choice yesterday and they had several 18's, a 19 and a 20 TRX on their showroom floor parked next to numerous Nitro's and Rangers. I spent several hours climbing in and out of them and comparing details like trailer construction and suspension, carpet, front and rear deck measurements, storage, options, etc. I already knew the pricing so the Rangers only got a cursory glance but I did do a lot of comparing between a TRX 19 Patriot and a Nitro Z20 Pro model which were only a few feet apart. Probably a better comparison would have been between the Z19 and the 19 TRX but the Triton is closer to being a 20 footer at 19' 9" than the Z19 at 19' 4". The Z20 is 20' 2". My target is something close to 20 feet. Horsepower and speed are not all that important to me so a 225 on the 19 TRX vs a 250 on the Z20 is kind of a so what.

I've had 2 Nitro's with no issues but I did see some differences. The trailer on the TRX is much more robust than the Nitro in my opinion. For one, C channel on the Triton vs a box frame on the Nitro. There was even a noticeable difference in the thickness of the fenders. The Triton had 2 X 6 bunks and the Nitro had 2 X 4. The carpet on the bunks was a heavier weight on the Triton. The interior carpet on the Triton is a 20 oz vs 16 on the Nitro. The Triton seats sit lower, which I liked, and the Nitro sits you up higher. Front deck space on the Nitro was 5 inches longer but the rear deck was 2 inches shorter than the Triton. Storage was similar and either would work for me. Warranty on the Triton is 3 years vs 1 year for the Nitro. Value wise the Triton is about $6 to 7K less, equipped like I want, than the Nitro. Even compared to the Z19 Pro with a 200 the 19 TRX Patriot with a 225 is only around $2K more.

I ordered the Triton. I'm hoping to see it before too much of the fishing season is gone but I'm not holding my breath.
    Last edited by jtrac; 01-29-2023 at 07:53 AM.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

3. Member
    Very good report.

I came to to the same conclusions when considering Triton/Nitro.

Happy with my choice.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

4. Member
    I agree with the breakdown above. When I ordered mine, I didn’t think there was more value/dollar than a Triton. I spent a ton of times building boats online with exactly what I wanted. The only other brand I believe that came close at the time was Phoenix and Falcon. Might want to check on those too just so you do some due diligence.
    2021 Triton 20 TRX Patriot w/ 250 ProXS
    16” HDS Live at console
    12” & 9” HDS Live at Bow
    Ghost, Active Target, Atlas Hydraulic, and 8’ Blades

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdnick View Post
    I agree with the breakdown above. When I ordered mine, I didn’t think there was more value/dollar than a Triton. I spent a ton of times building boats online with exactly what I wanted. The only other brand I believe that came close at the time was Phoenix and Falcon. Might want to check on those too just so you do some due diligence.
    Too late. Did the deal for the Triton yesterday. Actually, I did look at Phoenix, Skeeter and BassCat, on line. I've looked at so many boats that I can't remember which is which but no boat builder has a build and price capability like the WRM group. I used it to price every boat that had my interest. No telling how much paper I wasted printing all the different models and configurations. What's interesting is how the pricing structure works on some boats. When I finally decided the 19 TRX and Nitro Z20 were my target boats I discovered the value of going with the Triton Patriot or Nitro Pro models. On the 19 TRX the Patriot pricing with the few extra options I want was almost $6K than pricing a standard 19 TRX and adding in as options what is standard on the Patriot.

I found a build and price feature on the non WRM websites to be non existent or send us your name, address and life history and we'll get back with you. I like to remain anonymous and armed with enough information to make an intelligent decision before I ever contact a dealer.
    Last edited by jtrac; 01-29-2023 at 02:01 PM.
    Jim

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrac View Post
    Too late. Did the deal for the Triton yesterday. Actually, I did look at Phoenix, Skeeter and BassCat, on line. I've looked at so many boats that I can't remember which is which but no boat builder has a build and price capability like the WRM group. I used it to price every boat that had my interest. No telling how much paper I wasted printing all the different models and configurations. What's interesting is how the pricing structure works on some boats. When I finally decided the 19 TRX and Nitro Z20 were my target boats I discovered the value of going with the Triton Patriot or Nitro Pro models. On the 19 TRX the Patriot pricing with the few extra options I want was almost $6K than pricing a standard 19 TRX and adding in as options what is standard on the Patriot.

I found a build and price feature on the non WRM websites to be non existent or send us your name, address and life history and we'll get back with you. I like to remain anonymous and armed with enough information to make an intelligent decision before I ever contact a dealer.
    Yeah I feel the same about staying anonymous. I did that for a long time before I started calling around with the same specs and asking the same questions.

Looks like you made a well informed decision. I haven’t priced much since I got mine but the TRX 19 was a hell of a value then and I’m sure it still is. Hope you enjoy it.
    16” HDS Live at console
    12” & 9” HDS Live at Bow

7. Member
    Great choice, Congratulations!

8. Member
    Thanks. This will date me but I got my first bass boat in 1972. I've had Skeeter, Stratos, Ranger, Nitro and Triton thru the years. I had a 2009 Triton 19X3 for 4 or so years that I thoroughly enjoyed and it was trouble free. I've had a few smaller boats in the 18 foot range since then thinking at my age it was time to downsize but I haven't been happy with any of them for long. I think the 19 TRX will be a good compromise.

I do have another question. Who makes the trailers for Triton? It seems I read somewhere that it is EZ Loader, who also makes the Ranger trailers, but not sure.
    Jim

9. Member
    My 2022 is on an EZ loader. If you got an in dash mount for your graph I would consider changing it and buying an after market. You sit so low in the seat, you can’t see the graph. I’m 6’ tall.
    Last edited by SCOTT39; 01-29-2023 at 09:56 PM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTT39 View Post
    My 2022 is on an EZ loader. If you got an in dash mount for your graph I would consider changing it and buying an after market. You sit so low in the seat, you can’t see the graph. I’m 6’ tall.
    I thought it was EZ Loader. Thanks. The boat comes with 2 Lowrance HDS Pro 9's. I did notice how low I sat but never thought to look at the graph. I'm 3 inches shorter than you so has me concerned. Does yours have tilt steering? Wondering if it can be angled so you can see it or is it the angle of the dash mount that causes the issue? I did sit in the driver's seat of a stock 19 TRX to be sure I could see over the console. That didn't seem to an issue.

I didn't order it but I did see seat slides was an option. Would that help? When you say aftermarket do you mean a gimbal mount?
    Last edited by jtrac; 01-29-2023 at 11:23 PM.
    Jim

I have a 2014 19XS with a Mercury 225HP Pro XS and I have had it for over 8 years. If the new models are anything like it, I think you will be happy with it. I am 77 years old and haven't tourney fished for 2 years but when I did the boat ran 73mph on GPS with 2 fat guys, our gear and about 2/3 tank of gas. I've had it in big water on Kentucky Lake and Toledo Bend....3 inches shorter than 20 ft but I seriously doubt you could see the difference.....just sayin
    The power of positive thoughts

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21TritonX View Post
    I have a 2014 19XS with a Mercury 225HP Pro XS and I have had it for over 8 years. If the new models are anything like it, I think you will be happy with it. I am 77 years old and haven't tourney fished for 2 years but when I did the boat ran 73mph on GPS with 2 fat guys, our gear and about 2/3 tank of gas. I've had it in big water on Kentucky Lake and Toledo Bend....3 inches shorter than 20 ft but I seriously doubt you could see the difference.....just sayin
    Thank you. I'm 75 and thinking this may be last boat but I said that about the last one. As long as can stand upright I'll try to keep it going. So far so good.
    Jim

13. Member
    [QUOTE=jtrac;12854556]I thought it was EZ Loader. Thanks. The boat comes with 2 Lowrance HDS Pro 9's. I did notice how low I sat but never thought to look at the graph. I'm 3 inches shorter than you so has me concerned. Does yours have tilt steering? Wondering if it can be angled so you can see it or is it the angle of the dash mount that causes the issue? I did sit in the driver's seat of a stock 19 TRX to be sure I could see over the console. That didn't seem to an issue.

I didn't order it but I did see seat slides was an option. Would that help? When you say aftermarket do you mean a gimbal mount?[/QUO

I have the 12” live and the steering wheel goes right through the bottom 3rd of the screen. Might be real close with a 9”. BBT dash mount is a pretty good mount for the dash. I have one for the bow and it’s solid.

14. Member
    Didn’t think about graphs for you. I’ve got the tilt and slide seats but don’t flush mount the console graph at least. I started out with a HDS 12 at the console and it fills the entire spot and the steering wheel is all in the way. I bought a BBT mount and that fixed it 100%. They also cut the crap out of the console flush mounting it. I’ll never flush mount again after seeing that. Highly recommend another option.

Last thing, make sure you get the steps for the trailer for the front of the boat. There’s a factory option which mine has or you can go with the various other brands. Personally, I’d go aftermarket since my steps are made of the chrome diamond plate while others are grip tape. I haven’t had a problem but they can get a bit slippery.
    Last edited by tdnick; 01-30-2023 at 04:43 PM.
    16” HDS Live at console
    12” & 9” HDS Live at Bow

15. Member
    Didn’t think about graphs for you. I’ve got the tilt and slide seats but don’t flush mount the console graph at least. I started out with a HDS 12 at the console and it fills the entire spot and the steering wheel is all in the way. I bought a BBT mount and that fixed it 100%. They also cut the crap out of the console flush mounting it. I’ll never flush mount again after seeing that. Highly recommend another option.

Last thing, make sure you get the steps for the trailer for the front of the boat. There’s a factory option which mine has or you can go with the various other brands. Personally, I’d go aftermarket since my steps are made of the chrome diamond plate while others are grip tape. I haven’t had a problem but they can get a bit slippery.
    Did you have to install addition bracing fir the BBT mount since it was butchered?

16. Member

I don't know if having the graphs delivered loose is an option. Still way early in the process so I'll have to check and see if it is possible.

I did order the factory step. My last boat had a Trick Step which I really liked. My dealer had a couple of Tritons with the steps and I tried them. I didn't have a problem using them but I didn't think about the diamond plate being slick. Something I'll have to watch. I did notice they are a little tighter to the boat than my Trick Step was.
    Jim

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTT39 View Post
    Did you have to install addition bracing fir the BBT mount since it was butchered?
    Luckily there’s just barely enough left that I could sandwich between with the BBT brackets. There’s a piece you install on each side of the console. For the little bit I had, the HDS 12 was rock solid. The 16 makes me worry a bit but I’m an over thinker and it’s no fault of BBT.
    16” HDS Live at console
    12” & 9” HDS Live at Bow

18. Member
    What kind of timeframe did they give you for a new delivery trx19? I’ve been asking around and they’re telling me early to mid summer at this point.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UWBASS View Post
    What kind of timeframe did they give you for a new delivery trx19? I’ve been asking around and they’re telling me early to mid summer at this point.
    Before I made a decision my salesman checked with his rep and was told mid April. My order went in on 1-28. I'm more than a little concerned on how long this could take as I am now boatless. My salesman also told me that getting a Triton boat had been a very lengthy process but it does appear to be getting better. How much remains to be seen.

I'm not sure if it will make any difference but my dealer had a pending order already in the system which they modified to my options and color and put my name on it. What I don't know is if it kept the same order date when they changed it. I guess I need to ask.
    Last edited by jtrac; 02-08-2023 at 07:28 AM.
    Jim

20. Member
    Being without a boat for an unknown time got the best of me. My dealer had an in stock boat that had more stuff on it than I wanted like a hydraulic jack plate and 2 12" HDS Lives. I decided the old bird in the hand is worth two in the bush saying totally applied in this situation. I cancelled the order and bought the one on the floor. Pick it up next week. Come on spring.
    Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast