Thread: The Leash

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tj View Post
    Do the 2 stroke ones fit older EFI or Optimax or ?? or what HP ? some 1997 EFI were 3L or 2.5L

My 1997 EFI is 2.5L
    Not sure. I looked at the 2 stroke merc picture and the outboard mid-section in the photo and the attachment mounting hole looked the same as my 200 opti, so I bought it.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by APS View Post
    how much test data and safety results did you skeptics look at before blindly following the cdc and injecting clot shots into your body? Hipocrit much?
    Incredible how you pivoted a motor leash thread into a covid shot one
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatCanDoo View Post
    Not sure. I looked at the 2 stroke merc picture and the outboard mid-section in the photo and the attachment mounting hole looked the same as my 200 opti, so I bought it.

I hope so , I ordered one for my 250 Opti as well

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddinVA View Post
    Midwayusa has the Leash on clearance for $149.99. Just ordered one today.
    Thanks for the post. Got a Two Stroke Leash for $149.92 + tax, free shipping; for my 1997 2.5L 175 EFI, hopefully it will fit (?).

Tackle Warehouse has better product description, need to click on 'read more'
    https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/The_...age-PSRTL.html
    Last edited by tj; 01-30-2023 at 04:54 PM.
    Champion 184
    Mercury 175 EFI

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Same old stupid comment.
    Yep!
    Thank You Leon Pugh

6. Member
    Are you guys buying them ordering the max bracket as well? Can someone provide some feedback once installed how it affects your trim and tilt range and installation of motor toter?

7. Member
    says max bracket does not fit Evinrude G2 motors or Mercury motors built after 2012 > https://www.precisionsonar.com/produ...sh/max-bracket

At 2:00 shows motor mate on motor with broken power trim cylinder. Boat-250hp in video didn't have max bracket, only top bolts connected.
    Last edited by tj; 01-31-2023 at 09:31 AM.
    Champion 184
    Mercury 175 EFI

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tj View Post
    says max bracket does not fit Evinrude G2 motors or Mercury motors built after 2012

https://www.precisionsonar.com/produ...sh/max-bracket
    Yeah I saw that and mine is pre 2012 but thanks for posting.

9. BBC SPONSOR
    If we can answer any questions for anyone, please feel free to reach out.

270-703-6133
    jordanh@precisionsonar.com

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by APS View Post
    how much test data and safety results did you skeptics look at before blindly following the cdc and injecting clot shots into your body? Hipocrit much?
    A2824C74-C446-4D11-A038-99616C125E97.jpeg

This is a hipocrip, similar to a hipocrit, both totally different than a hypocrite...

11. Member
    When I purchased my Caymas there was one already installed. I like having an additional piece of mind as my wife is my partner.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thamelau View Post
    A2824C74-C446-4D11-A038-99616C125E97.jpeg

This is a hipocrip, similar to a hipocrit, both totally different than a hypocrite...
    That is funny.

13. Member
    I see the idea of the leash. My question is if the users wear a PFD 100 % of the time they are on the water ?
    2021 rt188p , Mercury 115 Pro XS CT , Croxton Razor 4XLR 22 , Z lock 4” jack plate , 8’ power pole blades

14. Member
    I wear my PFD when I get out of the truck and don't take it off until I'm back in the parking lot. You would be amazed at the number of people who drowned at the dock. Now I have had my leash for 4 years. It has never interfered with the motor and I have no wear marks on the motor. Hit an underwater log at high speed you will be surprised at the result.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeintheshade View Post
    I see the idea of the leash. My question is if the users wear a PFD 100 % of the time they are on the water ?
    I guess I don't 100% understand the question's logic. It seems to be implying that if you don't take 100% all precautionary measures that you should not worry about others? I don't wear my PFD while fishing or idling the big motor, does that mean it is illogical for me to be worried about my motor flipping into the boat while on plane? Seems like wearing a PFD has no bearing on how my motor reacts when on pad. If I don't wear my seat belt while moving my truck in the driveway, should I not have airbags?

16. Member
    [QUOTE=tj;12854988]Thanks for the post. Got a Two Stroke Leash for $149.92 + tax, free shipping; for my 1997 2.5L 175 EFI, hopefully it will fit (?).

Must have just been a sale, as they are all listed at full price now on this site. I can't find any color or combination at this price.

Quote Originally Posted by Thamelau View Post
    I guess I don't 100% understand the question's logic. It seems to be implying that if you don't take 100% all precautionary measures that you should not worry about others? I don't wear my PFD while fishing or idling the big motor, does that mean it is illogical for me to be worried about my motor flipping into the boat while on plane? Seems like wearing a PFD has no bearing on how my motor reacts when on pad. If I don't wear my seat belt while moving my truck in the driveway, should I not have airbags?
    Maybe he is just pointing out a common human behavior where we choose to do an easy thing to minimize an extremely low risk (attach a leash to maybe prevent the rare occurrence of a disastrous engine flip) when we choose not to do a hard thing to minimize a much more significant risk(wear our PFDs when on the water to prevent the much more common event of drowning). The two have nothing to do with each other, but you have to see the humor.
    Last edited by 86 inches; 02-07-2023 at 10:53 AM.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 86 inches View Post
    Maybe he is just pointing out a common human behavior where we choose to do an easy thing to minimize an extremely low risk (attach a leash to maybe prevent the rare occurrence of a disastrous engine flip) when we choose not to do a hard thing to minimize a much more significant risk(wear our PFDs when on the water to prevent the much more common event of drowning). The two have nothing to do with each other, but you have to see the humor.
    Exactly!

I know that I'm not the only one who has actually seen what happens when a motor comes off the transom from striking a deadhead or other underwater object? Even if you haven't witnessed it, there are stories about incidents in almost all of the tournament circuits that most of us participate in. David (Scotty) Young had his motor come in the boat at the BFL Regional on Kentucky Lake several years ago and I know that there have been more incidents since then. If you don't think the product is necessary, then don't buy it but anyone who has been around tournaments for any amount of time surely can't say that motors haven't come off and landed in the boat at times.

Last edited by 86 inches; 02-07-2023 at 12:52 PM.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast