Boat Value vs. What Can I Get

Can I get some honest opinions about what I could get out of my boat? No lowballs!

2004 TR21X Dual Console - Hull is an 8.5/10. Inside of boat is a 7.5/10. Good carpet, Seadek in cockpit. New Seats
    2021 Merc 250 Pro Xs 4-Stroke-250 hours and 1 year warranty remaining
    Trailer is 7/10 - Needs new tires and has some rusting areas but is mechanically good
    Trolling Motor - Ultrex 112 7/10 with separate turret for Active Target
    At bow - HDS LIVE 12" with Active Target & HDS Gen 3 12" with Total Scan
    Console has HDS Gen 3 9".
    Stealth charging system - batteries maybe have year left

It has a custom paint scheme, which could actually hurt my ability to sell it quick. It is yellow and red.

I appreciate the advice.
    2004 Triton TR21X * 2021 Mercury 250 4 stroke

2. Member
    Without seeing it. I'm gonna guess 28-35k. I may be totally off. But it's hard to guess without seeing it.
    2017 TRITON 21 TRX ELITE DC
    2023 250 MERCURY PRO XS
    23 FURY 3
    Z LOCK 10" JACKPLATE
    LOWRANCE GHOST 36V
    Garmin 93sv
    Garmin LVS34
    Rite Hite Turret
    HDS 12 GEN 3
    HDS 9 GEN 3

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eastenfish View Post
    Without seeing it. I'm gonna guess 28-35k. I may be totally off. But it's hard to guess without seeing it.
    I have no guess but I would be shocked if you can get near this much for nearly 20 yr old boat motor and trailer even if it were 10/10

Sure hope you can and best of luck!

4. Member
    The motor is a 2021 4 stroke. The motor should be worth 18k at least.
    2017 TRITON 21 TRX ELITE DC
    2023 250 MERCURY PRO XS
    23 FURY 3
    Z LOCK 10" JACKPLATE
    LOWRANCE GHOST 36V
    Garmin 93sv
    Garmin LVS34
    Rite Hite Turret
    HDS 12 GEN 3
    HDS 9 GEN 3

5. Member
    Yea, I don't think he saw that it has a 2021 4 stroke on it. Plus, it has 7 k work of electronics on it.
    2004 Triton TR21X * 2021 Mercury 250 4 stroke

6. Member
    Start out on the high side as you can always come down. Don't underestimate the value of your boat because nowadays many will bring much more than expected!

7. Member
    That’s a tough one. That motor is a huge value for sure. IMO it’s pushing the limits though because for that money I can probably find a boat in the 2010-2012 area or maybe even newer. Most boats now come with decent electronics, trolling motors, poles etc. I would say it will take the right guy who wants the motor and those electronics. But start high and see what happens. I also agree the custom paint may hurt also.

Quote Originally Posted by trenthamp View Post
    Yea, I don't think he saw that it has a 2021 4 stroke on it. Plus, it has 7 k work of electronics on it.
    I have to wonder how much uplift that brings. Some, yes for sure, but maybe not as much as you might think. I recall my motocross days when guys will sell a bike with aftermarket exhaust, reeds, yada yada yada and always seemed to price them as if they could add full MSRP of those items to the bike. In reality, it was worth a little more than a stock bike but mostly just helped it sell faster.

In this case the hull and the trailer are older. But, the hull is arguably the least important part of the package most of the time. As a buyer, I'd maybe be concerned that the trailer is going to need replacing. If there is anything the seller can do to show that is not a risk, it would help a lot I think.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eastenfish View Post
    More like $25 - 28K, especially if it's a goofy color scheme. With the original 2004 ProXS is would be worth around $18 - 20K. You'll find out real quick that you're too high when you get no calls. Adjust as required.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    More like $25 - 28K, especially if it's a goofy color scheme. With the original 2004 ProXS is would be worth around $18 - 20K. You'll find out real quick that you're too high when you get no calls. Adjust as required.
    Agreed, yellow and red looks pretty dated, and guys paying that kind of money are going to want something that looks good.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

11. Member
    The motor and electronics add a ton of value. Dated colors detract somewhat, guys shopping used can't be quite as picky on the colors. If its that bad a wrap is always an option for the buyer. If you can take your time selling, $30-35kish would be a good start point. If you're in a hurry, $25-30kish. If it weren't for the dual consoles I would have some interest.

12. Member
    New motors on old hulls are a bad investment if you plan on selling in the near future.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    New motors on old hulls are a bad investment if you plan on selling in the near future.
    Really depends on the boat and overall condition. If you repower, use it a couple years and sell it with some warranty left it can turn out better. Boat prices have been weird the last decade with so many older boats going up in value. As long as new ones keep climbing at their current pace, the used market seems to be gaining more buyers.