2005 Verado Trim Leaking

Hey all,

Just wanted to this out there for anyone who might have this issue. Both trim cylinders on my 05 Verado 250 (serial number 1B205753) started leaking a couple months ago. According to my dealer he couldn't buy the seal kit from Mercury anymore and would have had to buy the entire cylinder rebuild kit that was ~$350 per each. Ended up finding Five Star Marine down in Florida who rebuilt both cylinders for $260 per each and they come with a two year warranty.

Hope this might help someone else who has this issue.
    2005 Ranger Z21
    2005 Mercury Verado 250

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Good information. The real advantage to a replacement tilt rod kit is that you get the newer-style rod and trail-over relief valves (there have been updates to these components over the years). This is often one of the primary reasons for this type of change in parts listings/availability.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor