Light Weight Cover

Looking for a lightweight cover. Not something i would trailer with, just something i could throw on and strap down at a hotel. 2020 Ranger Z521L.

Interested in what gets suggested for this. I do have the shipping cover that came on my Z520C but it's almost as much work to put it on and take it off as the travel cover is so I tend not to use it much. I wanted something just to cover it in the garage like a light weight, universal car cover but have not found anything big enough yet.

The shipping cover if you can get one might work for you during your hotel stays. Call your dealer, they usually throw them away so might be easily attainable.
    2B576211

3. Member
    Guess I never felt need to have a 2nd cover. I just use my road cover at motels & secure with rear ratchet straps. If rain comes up, finish securing with other 3 straps to shed water. I get that the road covers are heavy & not fun to deal with by yourself, but that's what they're for. I roll cover from rear to front & fold to go into bag when roll gets to trolling motor.

4. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Can always buy one of those cheap ones Wally world sells easy enough to put on and off and serve the purpose of keeping stuff out of the boat and easy to stuff in a bag for storage or tote...
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

5. Member
    I bought a mooring cover for my 2016 520c it is lightweight and works great for covering boat in garage. Just called Ranger with my hull number and explained I didn’t want a trailer cover more of a dust cover and they set me up. I think between 3 and 4hundred bucks.

Ranger dust cover
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

7. Member
    Walmart has a cover for like 60 bucks. I would never trailer with it, but its a nice dust cover. Waterproof, has vents, and a silver material. I like to think it may reflect some heat. Very light. Elastic around the whole thing, then straps to strap it to trailer.