Motorguide Tour Pro w/ Pinpoint

Ok guys,, need some suggestions and info. Wanting a “spot lock” trolling motor. Really want a Lowrance Ghost (also Livescope) but I can’t justify $3600+ just to press and button and sit over a brush pile. I’d never use any of the top 3 TM’s for even 1/2 their capability.

I’ve really grown interested in the Motorguide Tour Pro w/ Pinpoint. Still don’t like the price, but at least it’s $1500 less than the others and that’s $1500 toward other items.

Anyone running this unit? Experience with it? Suggestions?

TIA
    ’13 21 HP, 250 ProXS, 10” Atlas, twin Power Poles, 25p Croxtonized Tempest, 2 1/2 PTP, 1/2 tank fuel, driver, all gear, empty wells, 74.7 in 102 deg heat.

2. Member
    I run the MG Tour Pro with HD+ and love it. The pedal feel and control are the best.

John Walker - Matthews NC

2021 Ranger RT198P - Mercury 150 4S - Enertia Eco
    VesselView Link - MotorGuide Tour Pro - Lowrance Carbons

Bought my Tour Pro 36v in Jan 2021 so I have two full seasons with it. Like you, I wanted the Tour Pro mainly for the anchor mode. At the time I was evaluating the different brands, I also liked the Tour Pro for its lower profile when stowed (no travel cover mods), lighter weight, and built-in transducer. I'm satisfied with it. Stow and deploy is very easy and the pedal operation and speed of turning are very smooth and quick. The mount is very good. The bow area/TM pedal well of my BCB Cougar AE is very tight and cramped which has caused occasional minor problems with the cables because tight turns or crimping can cause problems with the sensors in the pedal. I've basically learned how to circumvent those issues. It has worked perfect with my Lowrance HDS gen 2 at the bow. The spot lock does settle a little farther downwind than I would like but I am at software level G and I believe that is resolved in level H which I have not yet installed. I wish I could switch to 24v like the Ghost because I don't do derbies any more and would like the bilge space for PP pumps. I have not used mega 360 or Forward Facing Sonar with it. The Ultrex was never an option for me. I've fished with them in other's boats and find them heavy, clunky, unreliable, and I've never liked the pedal.
    In two seasons averaging 90-100 days on the water each, it has not let me down once. I no longer carry my old Tour 109 as a backup. Speaking of which, the Tour Pro is enormously superior to the Tour 109 if you fish heavy veg like we do in our northern natural lakes.
    I do find the Tour Pro depth adjustments to be a little more difficult than I would like. I basically have to perch on the bow over the TM (while deployed) if I want to raise it for shallower operation and I'm not quite as nimble as I used to be.
    Last edited by Macsimus; 01-26-2023 at 08:14 AM.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

4. Member
    I bought mine as soon as humanly possible. I have had only very minor issues with it, and those had to do with satellite lock. Once I learned what it likes to do on that, everything has been fine. The best trolling motor I have ever used, and I have used everything but the Ghost.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro