Anyone play a PRS SE?

Just this past weekend bought my Son his first guitar. A Jackson Dinky.
    Pretty nice guitar
    While at Guitar Center I was eyeballing the PRS SE. Seems to get pretty great reviews.

PRS are good guitars. I have a friend who owns several of them. I've never owned one but I've played quite a few. I just don't like their necks. Too thin for my liking. I've been playing Gibson Les Paul's for 45 years and that's just what I'm used to.

Thanks Anthony,
    I have had a Epiphone standard Les Paul in the past and it seemed really heavy to me compared to the Strat I had at the time.
    The biggest thing that I am liking about the PRS SE is the way to switch the Pickups around. They seem to have a lot of options for different tones because of that.
    I havent ever played a true Gibson Les Paul.

I am in between trying to decide on a McCarty 594SE and a Gibson Les Paul Studio. $600 difference between the 2 but never has a PRS before and everything I read they are great for the money.

5. Member
    I had a PRS SE Santana edition made in 2002 or so. I ran across it a few years ago while searching for a guitar to learn on. I lost interest after a couple of years and sold it to a gent that has many years of experience. He is using it in the church band on Sunday mornings and he's very happy with it. A year or so later, I still had the VHT Special 6 Ultra amp taking up room in the den so I called Chet and gave him the amp. The SE coupled with the VHT amp sounded great when played by someone that knew how, but that wasn't me.