Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    Certain criminals…absolutely imo.

I mean while we are at it, why don’t we hope for terminators from the future get sent back to terminate the bad guy
    That would be fine as well.

Good luck with the murder charge. Manslaughter, definitely. Murder requires intent. He didn’t intend to murder him. He intended to push him aside to escape during a theft.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

3. Member
    He was probably going to use the pressure washers to start his business and get his life together.

Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    Two references to TV shows. Come on people…this is real life
    And so is TV............haven't you heard of Reality TV..........LOL

5. Member
    The old man that was killed was someone's son, possibly a dad or brother. Maybe didn't even need the money working there. I'm sure he was loved by many. And to be killed by this piece of sh** after 83 years.....
    Last edited by jkainoa; 01-26-2023 at 11:20 AM.

6. Member
    Glad they caught him!

I can't believe they haven't caught a guy here, who mid 2022 shot some people at a local bar. One was dead when Sheriff's officers showed up. And I am thinking, but could be wrong. But thinking a second one died. But a couple months earlier I walked into one place, and he was asking people if they wanted to step outside while him and his 2 buddies were standing there. And I had that feeling he would shoot someone if they did. But I have yet to see anything about him being caught. And thought I seen something of where he was on America's most want, while doing a search. I can't remember if I looked this morning, or last night. Pains and medications, hard remembering.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowabass3826 View Post
    I’m honest enough to admit that I’m convinced we as a country need to make a public example of these criminals. I’ll leave the act of discipline alone to your imagination.
    The "act of descipline" should be death, bring back the death penalty !

8. Member

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tfall View Post
    Happy that they caught this POS. Hopefully the Judge gives him the maximum sentence when he is convicted.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/north-car...d-during-theft
    If there is a lower form of life I don’t know what it is.
    hope they kill this creep after many years in a concrete box.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowabass3826 View Post
    I’m honest enough to admit that I’m convinced we as a country need to make a public example of these criminals. I’ll leave the act of discipline alone to your imagination.
    Firing squad. No public funds used. Volunteers bring their own firearms and pay their own expenses. Open to the public.

Capital punishment is what we need in this country in a big time way. Innocent until proven guilty is absolute hogwash when evidence is crystal clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Poke View Post
    Capital punishment is what we need in this country in a big time way. Innocent until proven guilty is absolute hogwash when evidence is crystal clear.
    Wrong.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie Poke View Post
    You still always need do process.

14. Member
    You're wrong. When the evidence is clear they shouldn't sit on death row for decades. People like John Wayne Gacy for example, should have been put to death much, much quicker. I don't know if this suspect is going to be convicted, or what the totality of the evidence might be, but if guilty he should be put down quick.

Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Wrong.
    Last edited by Champ2005; 01-29-2023 at 08:28 PM.

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

Quote Originally Posted by champ93 View Post
    You're wrong. When the evidence is clear they shouldn't sit on death row for decades. People like John Wayne Gacy for example, should have been put to death much, much quicker. I don't know if this suspect is going to be convicted, or what the totality of the evidence might be, but if guilt he should be put down quick.
    No, I'm not.

Innocent until proven guilty is one of the most important mantras in our society.

Our Founders considered it better that ten guilty go free than convict one innocent be convicted and punished. I agree.

While the merits, or demerits of the death penalty is another debate, it is much closer to revenge than it is to justice. Every thread of this type devolves into a collection of posts calling for revenge for something that didn't happen to them.

Justice takes time. Be patient.

16. Member
    I'm not advocating the death penalty without a trial. Read my post again. I'm advocating the death penalty be used in a much more expedient way. Try them, and if the evidence is overwhelming, then put them to rest. This is why I used John Wayne Gacy as an example. He sat on death row for 14 years and there was no doubt he killed all those young men they dug up in his crawl space.

Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    No, I'm not.

Innocent until proven guilty is one of the most important mantras in our society.

Our Founders considered it better that ten guilty go free than convict one innocent be convicted and punished. I agree.

While the merits, or demerits of the death penalty is another debate, it is much closer to revenge than it is to justice. Every thread of this type devolves into a collection of posts calling for revenge for something that didn't happen to them.

Justice takes time. Be patient.

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

17. Member
    Most of that type of theft is organized crime. They recruit tweakers to take a cart load tools. Facebook, craigslist and other sites are how the stolen items are sold. It seems like rico and tax evasion to shutdown some groups.

Some of these groups are pretty brazen posting photos of stack after stack of new unopened tools. Pictures from busts of these rings show wharehouses full of stolen items.

I'm confident this guy will get what's coming to him.

In the meantime, this type of behavior (rampant theft, lawlessness) is going to get worse before it gets better. Its like rust, once it starts you have to remove it and keep it from happening again. Otherwise, it will overwhelm and destroy everything.

IMO we need lawmakers that have the guts to create and enforce laws that will benefit society, and not tolerate those that choose to break them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12