Thumbs Up Megabass Destroyer P5 US @ The Tackle Trap!

The Tackle Trap is now accepting orders for the all new Megabass US P5 Destroyer series! Available models will begin shipping THIS FRIDAY JANUARY 27th first come first served. Quantities are VERY limited on most models, and once these are gone, we don't expect to see a restock anytime soon. Addermine, Flyssa, and Javelin are expected this summer, so if you want to preorder those, they are being accepted now, but please do expect a long wait..

The all new and greatly improved Tackle Trap website is under construction and an announcement will be made here and on the Facebook/Instagram pages when it is operational. Therefore, the preorder process is a little different this time. You can either send me a message here with the models you want and I can send you an invoice via email, or you can call the new shop number at (315) 234 1050 and the guys will take your order over the phone.

I've had the opportunity to fish these rods now and as a long time Megabass rod fan, I'm very happy with them. I think folks are really going to love these rods!

MODELS SHIPPING BEGINNING THIS FRIDAY JANUARY 27th:
    OneTen - SOLD OUT
    Daemos - SOLD OUT
    FMJ
    BMG
    Jungle Seven
    Mark 56

MODELS SHIPPING SUMMER 2023
    Flyssa
    Addermine
    Javelin

DESTROYER P5 (USA)
    REVOLUTION BRINGS DESTRUCTIVE CHANGE. THIS DESTROYER IS KING OF THEM ALL.

IN 1995, YUKI ITO PROTOTYPED THE DESTROYER® OF TRADITIONAL BASS RODS, DRAWING UPON HIS HAND-CARVED ARMS TO UNLEASH AN UNRIVALED FUSION OF CRAFT AND TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATION UPON THE JAPANESE BASS MARKET. EACH SUBSEQUENT GENERATION OF DESTROYER® REACHED BEYOND THE STANDARDS AND CONVENTIONS OF THEIR TIME TO ESTABLISH A NEW BENCHMARK. A QUARTER-CENTURY LATER, “PROJECT LIVING LEGEND” WAS ESTABLISHED TO ENSURE THAT EACH CYCLE OF DESTRUCTION AND CREATION THROUGH INNOVATION PRESERVED MEGABASS’ RICH DNA, BRINGING ANGLERS EVER-CLOSER TO THE IDEAL.

GUIDED BY THIS SPIRIT, THE LAIHA PROGRAM GAVE BIRTH TO A LIMITED CONCEPT ROD SERIES IN 2019, DEVELOPED TO TEST AND REFINE STANDARD-DESTROYING TECHNOLOGIES TO PUSH INNOVATION PAST PRESENT LIMITS. FROM THIS TIRELESS EFFORT, THE 5-D GRAPHITE SYSTEM WAS BORN. REPRESENTING A PARADIGM SHIFT IN THE BLANK CONSTRUCTION PROCESS, 5-D ENABLES A MORE PERFECT REALIZATION OF THE DESTROYER® THROUGH A NEW METHOD OF PATTERNING AND LAYERING, UNLOCKING UNTOLD POTENTIAL.

THUS, WITH EACH GENERATION, ALL CHANGE—ESPECIALLY DESTRUCTIVE—IS EMBRACED IN THE TECHNOLOGICAL PURSUIT OF THE ANGLING IDEAL. OUT OF THIS CYCLE, DESTROYER® RISES ANEW TO CHALLENGE ANGLERS TO NEW HEIGHTS.

*5D: THE 5D SYSTEM IS DESIGNED WITH FIVE PERFORMANCE-OPTIMIZED PANELS: #1 FOR HIGH TENSION IN THE LONGITUDINAL DIRECTION, #2 FOR 45-DEGREE TORSIONAL RIGIDITY ON THE RIGHT SIDE, #3 FOR 45-DEGREE TORSIONAL RIGIDITY ON THE LEFT SIDE, #4 FOR LATERAL STIFFNESS, AND #5 FOR HIGH LONGITUDINAL ELASTICITY. THE FIVE PANELS ARE THEN ARRANGED TO MAXIMIZE AND INTEGRATE THE DISTINCT PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS OF EACH PANEL INTO A COHESIVE WHOLE, ALLOWING 5D BLANKS TO STORE AND RELEASE GREATER POTENTIAL ENERGY IN THE CASTING MOTION.

*FIRST RELEASED IN JAPAN IN 1996, THE DESTROYER® ROD SERIES USHERED IN AN ERA OF UNRIVALED PERFORMANCE, INNOVATION, AND CRAFTSMANSHIP THAT REVERBERATED THROUGHOUT THE ANGLING WORLD. BUILT TO JAPANESE ANGLING SPECIFICATIONS, EACH GENERATION OF DESTROYER® REPRESENTED AN EVOLUTION IN MEGABASS® ROD DESIGN, ALLOWING ANGLERS ACROSS JAPAN TO REALIZE EVER-GREATER POTENTIAL WITH EVERY CAST.

HARNESSING THIS DESIGN EVOLUTION, THE ALL-NEW DESTROYER® IS CRAFTED EXCLUSIVELY FOR NORTH AMERICAN ANGLERS. EACH MODEL IS A CAREFUL REFINEMENT OF KEY AMERICAN TECHNIQUES, TIRELESSLY HONED BY THE INSIGHT OUR DESIGNERS HAVE GAINED THOUGH THIRTY-YEARS OF INNOVATION ACROSS VIRTUALLY EVERY LURE TYPE AND CATEGORY.

EACH UN-SANDED BLANK FEATURES THE ORIGINAL DESTROYER® LOGO AS A NOD TO ITS PREDECESSORS, AND IS CONSTRUCTED OF A PROPRIETARY HYBRID GRAPHITE SYSTEM. THIS SYSTEM INTEGRATES CARBON OF VARYING MODULUS INTO A SINGLE BLANK, SELECTING THE OPTIMAL GRADE FOR EACH BEND POINT FOR A “HYBRID” CONSTRUCTION THAT IS EFFORTLESSLY SUITED TO THE TASK AT HAND. COMBINED WITH OUR MULTI-AXIS BUILD PROCESS, EACH BLANK STANDS IN ITS PRIME, POISED TO UNLEASH BOMBING CASTS AND DEVASTATING HOOKSETS, WHILE ALSO REVEALING A DEEP WELLSPRING OF “LIFTING POWER” TO CONTROL THE FIGHT.

PATENTED BLANK-THROUGH CONSTRUCTION, SPIRAL ARCHITECTURE REEL SEAT, AND HEAD LOCKER COMBINE TO DELIVER LOW-PROFILE ERGONOMICS AND INSPIRING FEEL. FUJI® TITANIUM SIC® GUIDES ARE ANCHORED BY DUAL THREAD-WRAPS ON HEAVY ACTION MODELS, WHILE STRIPPER GUIDES ON ALL MODELS ARE FINISHED WITH A DISTINCTIVE FLOURISH.

ARMED WITH THE BEST AVAILABLE MATERIALS AND COMPONENTS, PATENTED ADVANCEMENTS, PROPRIETARY BLANK BUILDS AND TAPERS, AND THAT IMPECCABLE FIT AND FINISH ANGLERS HAVE COME TO EXPECT FROM MEGABASS, THESE FIRST EIGHT MODELS REPRESENT THE OPENING SALVO IN NORTH AMERICA’S OWN DESTROYER® JOURNEY. CHOOSE YOUR WEAPONS WISELY.

Last edited by Bronzefly; 02-11-2023 at 09:26 AM.

2. U.S. Navy, Retired
    Hey Gary, Glad to see you back and ramping up another great resource for fishing gear, advice and knowledge! Go New TT!
    2019 LUND 1875 Pro-V Bass XS
    2019 200 Merc V6

3. Member
    Will the new TT continue to offer the BBC10 discount?

Quote Originally Posted by TOMCAT21 View Post
    Will the new TT continue to offer the BBC10 discount?
    On some items yes, on others no. The cost of shipping rods has increased substantially, as has the cost of the tubes. It's an unfortunate situation indeed. Feel free to send me a PM for specifics if you like.

Thanks for the orders guys!

ONETEN SPECIAL and DAEMOS are almost sold out guys. If you're thinking about getting one of these, don't wait much longer... I'll update as necessary.

Just ordered, super easy, and simple.

7. Member

8. Member
    Where can I find the specs on these rods?

Quote Originally Posted by cwenbass View Post
    Where can I find the specs on these rods?
    Megabass USA website is a great resource until the new Tackle Trap website gets up and running! I've fished them, so feel free to send me any questions. Heading back out on the lake with them again tomorrow

10. Member
    Have to call in orders?

Quote Originally Posted by cwenbass View Post
    Have to call in orders?
    Yes, that is correct. 315 234 1050

IN STOCK and ready to ship as of today...
    BMG
    FMJ
    Jungle Seven
    Mark 56

DAEMOS and ONETEN Special are almost gone with no idea on when a restock will be coming...

2/2/23 UPDATE:

SOLD OUT
    DAEMOS

ULTRA LOW STOCK
    ONETEN SPECIAL

IN STOCK and ready to ship until they're gone...
    BMG
    FMJ
    Jungle Seven
    Mark 56

14. Member
    Where is the new shop located?
    2015 EXCEL 1860 SIDE STALKER WITH HUNT DECK CAMO
    2015 Mercury 90 HP FOURSTROKE
    CMC MANUAL JACK PLATE
    LOWRANCE GHOST
    LOWRANCE HDS12 CARBON
    LOWRANCE HDS9 CARBON

Shop in NY and partnered with another one? Different owners and company basically from the looks.

16. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    Guys I guarantee If Gary is involved it’s legit
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

Quote Originally Posted by Fishinglineman View Post
    Where is the new shop located?
    The new location is Canastota, NY. Bryan Lambert is still the reel tech, The Tackle Trap is still an authorized Daiwa Warranty and Executive Service center. He's operating out of his Alabama location. I'm still a partner in The Tackle Trap and have teamed up with some great guys in New York. We are building an entirely new, and vastly improved website from the ground up. It isn't ready yet, but we're hoping to go live in the next month or two. It is the same Tackle Trap in a new spot with some new guys but I'm still here and all is well!

Thank you for all the orders guys!

ONETEN and DAEMOS are SOLD OUT.

FMJ, BMG, Mark 56, and Jungle Seven are in stock and shipping.

19. Member
    Can you pm me a price on the FMJ please sir.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS