Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Most healthy people don't need medical attention, especially these latest strains. Just like the Flu.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

2. Member
    I felt like crap for a couple days and got steadily better each day until about two weeks after. Then I had a lingering cough for 9 weeks. Would not be able to sleep without some cough medicine for several weeks. It too finally played out and now I have a problem with my eyes watering. My respiratory doctor says it has screwed with my asthma. I have asthma but not too severely. But after day three I could have fished if I was determined to do so. Take good care of yourself for a few weeks and you will be fine! Prayers for you Al to recover quickly!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duracraftman View Post
    Get on Paxlovid or something similar. Will cut down the amount of time you have symptoms. I didn't and I was out for a solid week with some lingering symptoms. My wife called the doctor and got on Paxlovid and was over it in three days.
    Too bad it had that crappy aftertaste, almost like eating an aluminum can. Lol

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ficht158 View Post
    paxlovid is good but the people I know that took it the covid returned about a week and a half after taking it.
    Didn’t happen to me. Had it twice. Second time not as bad as the first. They were at least a year apart.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    Too bad it had that crappy aftertaste, almost like eating an aluminum can. Lol
    Ha. Yep. Like sucking on a penny.

My covid case did not return after taking the Paxlovid. And no, it was not difficult for me to get. I went to the clinic and requested it. Dr. said "sure."

6. Member
    My doctor prescribed the Plaxavoid as well, although I didn't take it. It's also approved under the emergency use authorization, like the vaccine, and I had to sign a waiver after reading 5 pages about it. For men, the biggest side effect is what it does to sperm and it stated to not impregnant someone for 6 months afterwards.

Upon reading more about it, it is RNA technology. Apparently there are 4 types of RNA with the vaccines being mRNA. I couldn't find anywhere online the type of RNA that plaxavoid was made from.

It's been a month since I had covid, most symptoms lasted 7 days but I still have the headache. Tha kfully it gets better every day . Hope you feel better soon OP

Quote Originally Posted by Rulebender View Post
    Monoclonal antibodies?
    that was the cocktail!!!!! but no umbrella or swizzel stick

8. Member
    I got it for Christmas. I'm supposedly over it but I still cough a lot.
    It affected my sense of taste, like food had about 10% of the usual taste.
    Never had a fever but had to quit a tournament about two weeks ago because I coughed so much I got a headache, and I couldn't catch diddly.

9. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Gave me prolaxid or whatever it’s called along with an antibiotic and pregnazone should be better in a few days he said make sure to finish all the meds
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

10. Member
    I had it couple months ago, never went to the dr but i did test positive for three different testing. Kind of like you bad headache runny nose that wouldn't quite no fever. I had it about 12 days until it got better. Hope u get to feeling better soon bud.

I just got it for the first time. Started feeling weird sunday and it went full blown on monday. Fever, chills, the craziest headaches, especially the sinus area, fatigue and coughs. I can deal with all of it but these headaches are another thing. Sick and tired of laying down. Havent been doing anything crazy medicine wise. Tylenol, dayquil for the cough and rest. Lots of fluids including tea. I'm on my third day. Hope to be over it by friday.

get well soon Al.
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

Got it February 2021, was on a contract shoot of a Livestock show with two days to go. Got to my RV that night felt like death, took a dose of Ivermectin & some quinine, went to bed. Got up next morning and felt much better, went back to work and finished the shoot. Couldn't smell a thing for about 2 weeks, changed my taste buds even to today.
    2019 BassCat Puma FTD, Honda 250, Croxton Razor 4XL,Garmin Force, Power Pole Blades & Charge, Atlas JP, Ionic 36v Lithium, K2 Energy Lithium NoCo GenPro10x1, All Garmin Electronics with PanOptics LiveScope

jefflhoman.com

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    Gave me prolaxid or whatever it’s called along with an antibiotic and pregnazone should be better in a few days he said make sure to finish all the meds
    Good to hear you're in good hands! Get plenty of rest and as Lew would say, "Stay Hydrated " Get well soon sir!

15. Member
    this stuff works well got over it in 2 days but likely the 3rd time I have had one form of it or another

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

16. Member
    Get well bud..

17. Member
    I may have got it right before and during Christmas. Had flu symptoms with the worst symptom being bodyaches. Lost sense of smell but them again don't we all when our sinuses are messed up?

Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    I just hope you don't have twins...
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    i fished both times i had it. didnt need to take anything
    Yep, same here. Had it in 2022, between X mas and new years- was wrecking the LM on JB. Just couldn't shut it down, felt like crap. New Years 2023 was wrecking the crappie, Covid again. Two nights this last time I had bad nights, coughing and sore throat. Sides hurt from coughing. Both nights I said I am going to urgent care in the morning. Woke up in the morning alive, went fishing.

2020 Ranger 521L Tour, 300 Mercury, 112 Minn Kota Ultrex
    3 12" Helix Units, Mega Si, Mega Di, Mega 360, Garmin 8412 W LiveScope mounted on Rite Hite Turret.

20. Member
    I’ve had it twice, both times I felt slightly bad for about 24-36 hours. Was bow hunting first time and still managed to hunt and drink bourbon every night with the guys on the trip and second time was on a fishing trip and all was good within a day. Hope your symptoms are as mild as most I’ve known.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast