Question RT188P Dedicated Power

2023 RT188P. Anybody run power to a fuse block and put it in the dash? Wanting to run 8awg from dedicated breaker to fuse box placed behind console graph. Run 14awg from bow graph to said fuse block.

2. Member
    I ran 10awg to the console but put the block and switch in the bildge for easy access.

3. Member
    If you remove the cup holder near the gearshift there are 2 rigging tubes, one of them runs back to where the steering cable comes out at the stern and the other comes out in the bilge.
    If you remove the fuse block under the console it helps when you run the wires up to the console or to the bow.
    I have my electronics fuse panel mounted in the starboard storage box and run power from it to my electronics at the console and the bow.

Thanks ya’ll. Question, you run 10awg from fuse block to unit 18awg power cable? Butt connect the two?

5. Member
    I suggest running the 10 to the input side of the fuse block and connect power wire to output side using ring terminals.

Quote Originally Posted by yogib View Post
    I suggest running the 10 to the input side of the fuse block and connect power wire to output side using ring terminals.
    Power wire is a good 5 ft from fuse block.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowerider58 View Post
    If you remove the cup holder near the gearshift there are 2 rigging tubes, one of them runs back to where the steering cable comes out at the stern and the other comes out in the bilge.
    If you remove the fuse block under the console it helps when you run the wires up to the console or to the bow.
    I have my electronics fuse panel mounted in the starboard storage box and run power from it to my electronics at the console and the bow.
    that's my plan in my 22 rt198p. im putting my fuse block and black box in the starboard compartment. running 8 gauge from battery to fuse block. then 10 gauge to my units at bow and to console.....where did you drill holes in that compartment to get wire back to battery? thanks

8. Member
    I'd run it to a buss strip so you can use ring terminals, just my preference. A good butt connection would work fine too.

9. Member
    My boat is a Triton 18TX (same hull as a RT188). Drilled a hole in the rear outside corner of the starboard storage locker. I ran my wires from under dash through the hole I drilled and mounted my fuse panel in the storage locker. I also drilled a hole in the front of the locker and ran the wire from the front units to the fuse panel.
    I have two Garmin 106 units at the bow, a 126 at the console, the GLS10 module that is mounted under my console and my NMEA network for my Point1 heading sensor/ GPS puck. These are all powered from the fuse panel I installed.
    Anyplace the power cables were too short I extended them with 10 or 12 gauge wiring.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowerider58 View Post
    My boat is a Triton 18TX (same hull as a RT188). Drilled a hole in the rear outside corner of the starboard storage locker. I ran my wires from under dash through the hole I drilled and mounted my fuse panel in the storage locker. I also drilled a hole in the front of the locker and ran the wire from the front units to the fuse panel.
    I have two Garmin 106 units at the bow, a 126 at the console, the GLS10 module that is mounted under my console and my NMEA network for my Point1 heading sensor/ GPS puck. These are all powered from the fuse panel I installed.
    Anyplace the power cables were too short I extended them with 10 or 12 gauge wiring.

thank you so much. my brother has a small camera so gonna use that to make sure where the wires run along before I drill