Lvs34 Transducer install help

So I got a lvs34 and black box looking to mount black box in front compartment but I don’t see any way to get the transducer cable to the box.. I have a wire tube that the Ethernet fit through but the lvs34 plug is to entirely to big any thoughts/ideas? 2013 ranger z520

the only scenario I see is to drill hole through port side rod locker and through foam with real long drill bit sounds horrible and risky I really feel like I should just get a graph that doesn’t need the box

2. Member
    Yes, you will have to make a path through that foam in order to pass the cable.

3. Member
    2012 z521 here. I mounted mine on the rod locker ends in the very front. Remove the aux front panel in front of the trolling motor foot pedal and there is plenty of room and extra cooling since the bottom is on those hollow pole protectors (white pvc). Hope that helps
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

4. Member
    Yeah I guess I could just put under the front panel no where to really mount it except zip tie/clamp to them rod tubes i feel like I’d like to be able to see the status light any one else do this?

5. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    I mounted mine on the inside wall of the forward starboard locker. Drilled a hole through to the center storage compartment. Installed grommet. Drilled a hole in the forward center compartment and then used a galvanized chain link line post cut at a sharp angle on one end to auger through the foam to the forward cavity at the bow. Worked surprisingly well. Very easy and no mess. What is nice about it is a 2" piece of PVC is the same OD of the galvanized line post. Cut a piece of PVC to size and it fit perfectly in the hole through the foam. Something to consider. I purchased an extra LVS box transducer cable to run from the box to the deck so that it could be uncoupled and removed from the boat easily since mine is on a separate pole. I can remove the pole and the xdcr in a matter of a minute. If you run the xdcr cable to the box without the extension its pretty much staying on the boat wherever you go (hotels, camping, wherever). Not necessary but thats just me

519VX

2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by johnrt View Post
    Yeah I guess I could just put under the front panel no where to really mount it except zip tie/clamp to them rod tubes i feel like I’d like to be able to see the status light any one else do this?
    My friend has the same boat and he mounted his in the center rod locker. He cut the end out of one of the tubes to route the wires and sealed it with silicone after.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

8. Member
    I have a 2014 Ranger Z520C and also mounted mine in the center rod locker, so I could view the status light if necessary. I mounted it on the right side inner wall of center rod locker near the vent and also secured a 20ah lithium on the side to power only the black box. I ran the wires and transducer cable to the front thru the vents and up through starboard side rod locker. I had to cut just a bit of foam out under front panel to access the wires and drilled a hole for wires thru plastic rod box.