Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Definitely

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Quote Originally Posted by jaxbass View Post
    Soooooo, instead of buying another Bravo to sling the blade on, I bought a 31 promax. I am not trilled with it…85 light and felt sluggish. The reason I bought it was because I borrowed a buddy’s 31.5 Promax and LOVED it. I couldn’t find a 31.5 so I bought the 31. It doesn’t feel nearly a peppy as my buddy’s 31.5. Can that 1/2 pitch make that much difference? My buddy knows a lot about props and he said it does make a difference as that 1/2 pitch is all cup to help lift the bow. Do you guys agree? Think i can get some cup added and make it like his 31.5?
    He's right, but basically all the odd number pitches are cupped to achieve the theoretical pitch. Best is running the even pitches, 30" or 32" and see how it runs.

Were your Bravos modified? That's really odd to blow that many blades.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wave to Wave View Post
    He's right, but basically all the odd number pitches are cupped to achieve the theoretical pitch. Best is running the even pitches, 30" or 32" and see how it runs.

Were your Bravos modified? That's really odd to blow that many blades.
    Only one of my Bravo’s was worked. I had a 32 Bravo right out of the box and liked it a lot. I could get this prop to 92mph. I had a 30 Bravo for fishing prop and right out of the box and it was good too. Great fishing prop could get 85-86 then hit the limiter. I slug the blade on it after about a year and bought another 30 for fishing. The second 30 I bought didn’t lift the boat as well as the first one so I sent it to Mark Croxton and he worked it. It ran good then slug an ear on it after 3 months. I went to put my 32 on while I looked for another 30 to replace the one that slung and noticed a crack on one of the blades. It will sling an ear if I run it. I guess I need to slow down and not lift the motor as high as I typically like to run. Who knows…..
    2021 Bullet SDC
    Mercury 300R

4. Member
    After slinging a Bravo, I went with a Mad EFI and a Performer BC. Really like both of them.
    2019 Bullet 21XRS
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D2kstang View Post
    After slinging a Bravo, I went with a Mad EFI and a Performer BC. Really like both of them.
    I tried a Performer BC but it blew out really bad on my set up, so much blow out that I could’nt get it to break over. Really interested in trying a Mad EFI! I ended up getting another Bravo, it runs great. I know it will be short lived but it runs really good on my rig. How does the Mad compare to a Bravo (stiff, the same, etc. what pitch do you run?).
    2021 Bullet SDC
    Mercury 300R

6. Member
    The Performer BC does blow out a lot, once you get it through that the driveability and lift is great, runs right with Mad EFI. The mad efi is a beast, not as much lift as the performer bc. Mad EFI is stiffer than a bravo but they like to be run high, so I pitched mine the same as my Bravo that slung a load. I carry a medium fishing load, 1.60 SM, solo 29P 95gps and 28P 94mph. The 28 does not lose as much mph with a partner as the 29p so I went with a 28p.
    2019 Bullet 21XRS
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D2kstang View Post
    The Performer BC does blow out a lot, once you get it through that the driveability and lift is great, runs right with Mad EFI. The mad efi is a beast, not as much lift as the performer bc. Mad EFI is stiffer than a bravo but they like to be run high, so I pitched mine the same as my Bravo that slung a load. I carry a medium fishing load, 1.60 SM, solo 29P 95gps and 28P 94mph. The 28 does not lose as much mph with a partner as the 29p so I went with a 28p.
    Thank you! Think I will try a Mad EFI. Great info.
    2021 Bullet SDC
    Mercury 300R

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12