Fishing Trip Suggestion's

Hi

I'm trying to plan a fishing trip for the last week of April or the first week of May for Bass. I'm thinking of going to Watts Bar or Dale Hollow. Been to Watts Bar several times before Covid, stayed at Piney Point. I have been to Dale Hollow once back in 2007. Thinking about staying at Sunset Marina & Resort. (it looks good on the web site) My main goal is to catch some fish. Where would suggest to go in my time frame?

Thanks
    Rick
    1987 Procraft 1780V, 150 Mercury XR2 Blackmax and now a 2021 Ranger Z185, 150 Pro XS.

DAV / U.S. Army 88-91.

2. Member
    Sunset Marina has more amenities, but I prefer Star Point. Either way, check your schedule against the tournament schedules, because the laid-back marinas can get a bit hectic.

3. Member
    I 2nd Star Point, I'll be there May 12-14th myself.

4. Member
    That is my favorite time to hit the hollow. It’ll be on FIRE!
    Basscat!

5. Member
    Was at Dale Hollow for a week in may last year. Some of the worst bass fishing I have ever experienced, caught 5 largemouth over 15" in 7 days and one 11" smallmouth.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    Was at Dale Hollow for a week in may last year. Some of the worst bass fishing I have ever experienced, caught 5 largemouth over 15" in 7 days and one 11" smallmouth.
    feast or famine if you don’t fish it regularly. It’s the best month of the year for numbers.
    Basscat!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    I would've jumped to Green River Lake or Cumberland before I endured that misery. When Dale is tough, it's really tough.

8. Member
    Been to Dale Hollow several times a little earlier than your scheduled time.
    Never did very good.
    Also stayed at Sunset and it is a very nice place. I put my boat in a covered slip while my room was right there also.
    Probably the nicest lake I've ever fished.