Phoenix 921 carpet job?

So I'm thinking about putting down new carpet in my Phoenix and adding the padding to the front deck. Any advice on glueing the carpet and pad down? I have heard you need different glue for the pad vs the carpet?

Thanks

2. Member
    Im by no means a carpet guy but I know a lot of guys just use 20oz carpet with no pad since its so thick. Then they just use carpet glue. Mabye something worth researching...

3. Member
    Hello Dave, if you use a closed cell product such as the Pro Tech marine padding use the Bird Song adhesive. This glue was designed for the Pro Tech padding. I do an average of 30 boats a year and I use this adhesive with or with out the pad. The glue is available at www.boatworxva.com. Questions give me a shout at 540-822-0807 Thanks Richard

4. Member
    You will absolutely love a padded front deck. I would never have another bass boat without one. It makes a big difference.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rich@boatworxva View Post
    Hello Dave, if you use a closed cell product such as the Pro Tech marine padding use the Bird Song adhesive. This glue was designed for the Pro Tech padding. I do an average of 30 boats a year and I use this adhesive with or with out the pad. The glue is available at www.boatworxva.com. Questions give me a shout at 540-822-0807 Thanks Richard
    I just did a carpet job on my 99 Basscat Cougar. Listen to Richard he knows his stuff. I bought 24 oz carpet, 1/2 pad and the birdsong adhesive from him. That glue is some good stuff. The 24 oz carpet is beautiful. My buddy has a new skeeter and has a padded deck. I am pretty sure they use the 3/8 pad because I can tell the difference. His is like walking on memory foam. But 1/2 is nice. Richards customer service is unmatched. He walked me through everything. I would have screwed up on the pad without his advice.

6. Member
    You should scroll through the posts in this section, you would find you answer in 10-15 secounds.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR