Thread: Marks props

Marks props

Is mark still working on props? I tried to call and the phone just rang. Left an email and no reply yet, just wondering? Might be on vacation who knows, or just busy.
    2022 1875 Lund Renegade XS
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Garmin Force TM
    (2) Garmin 12"

2. Member
    I just had him do 2 props for me about 2 months ago.. I do know getting through on the phone is always hard and sometimes it takes a couple days to get an email response but his work is always on point.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigwheels View Post
    I just had him do 2 props for me about 2 months ago.. I do know getting through on the phone is always hard and sometimes it takes a couple days to get an email response but his work is always on point.
    Roger thanks
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Garmin Force TM
    (2) Garmin 12"

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigwheels View Post
    Ya mark called me tonight , nice guy. Going to mail out prop in the next few days. Thanks
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Garmin Force TM
    (2) Garmin 12"

Last I talked to Mark a month or so ago he told me he was the only one in the shop

6. Member
    What kind of work does Mark do? I have a prop that needs cleaned up from a couple small dings.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetch114 View Post
    What kind of work does Mark do? I have a prop that needs cleaned up from a couple small dings.
    He does it all , he is known very well In the bass community, for custom work or just fixing props. check his website out for all the details.
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Garmin Force TM
    (2) Garmin 12"

8. bullyfish
    I order a Razor XL from him a couple of weeks ago

9. Member

10. Member
    Yep just got the call today, prop is done and will be shipped out tomorrow, fast turnaround. Less than a week for a cup job. Thanks mark.
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Garmin Force TM
    (2) Garmin 12"

11. BBC SPONSOR
    I just sent him another prop today.

12. Member
    Just got one back this past Saturday.

I've got one I am about to send him but last time I ran it, I could feel a shake in the motor at idle up to about 2000 RPMs. Can he check for it having that kind of issue before doing the work or will the blue print and balance take care of it?

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton19x2 View Post
    I've got one I am about to send him but last time I ran it, I could feel a shake in the motor at idle up to about 2000 RPMs. Can he check for it having that kind of issue before doing the work or will the blue print and balance take care of it?

I believe you can just have him balance it, if it won't do any good to blueprint it mark will tell you, when I talked to him about wanting more speed and if BP would help me he said no, but would be happy to take my money if I wanted him to do it , but it wouldn't make a difference. So he is honest with you. Just fill out the work order and when he calls you explain the issue and see what he says. I just got mine back from him adding cup, and I have never seen such a great packing job.
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Garmin Force TM
    (2) Garmin 12"

15. Member
    Is it prop rattle from a worn hub that is causing the shake? Mine started shaking very strongly (I thought the lower unit was tearing up at first) but it disappeared between 1500 - 2000 rpm, so I suspected the hub. I have a solid hub with the 3 delrin strips. So I installed my Rubex 123 rubber hub that I tried once on my Solas Scorpion prop into the Bravo FS prop and the shake was gone. In fact, not just gone but the engine idled smoother than when it was new. I then replaced the 3 Delrin strips and put that hub into my ProMax prop and it has no prop rattle either, but still not quite as smooth as the Rubex hub.

Solid hub?
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    Solid hub?
    I’m using the solid fat shaft hub with the 3 little strips that came with the boat/mercury/fury setup

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

18. Member
    I’m using the solid fat shaft hub with the 3 little strips that came with the boat/mercury/fury setup
    Not sure if this will help, but when my solid fatshaft hub was new it would drop into my Bravo FS prop until about 1/2" - 3/4" was sticking out. I could then push it almost all the way in by hand with some effort. After I had the prop rattle, it dropped into the hub with perhaps 1/8" sticking out and I could easily push it in the rest of the way. After replacing the 3 strips (about $25), there was about 1/2" sticking of hub sticking out of my ProMax prop and it had no prop rattle. Hopefully your issue is just simple replacement of the strips, or a new hub with rubber, and nothing more serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulsare2020 View Post
    Not sure if this will help, but when my solid fatshaft hub was new it would drop into my Bravo FS prop until about 1/2" - 3/4" was sticking out. I could then push it almost all the way in by hand with some effort. After I had the prop rattle, it dropped into the hub with perhaps 1/8" sticking out and I could easily push it in the rest of the way. After replacing the 3 strips (about $25), there was about 1/2" sticking of hub sticking out of my ProMax prop and it had no prop rattle. Hopefully your issue is just simple replacement of the strips, or a new hub with rubber, and nothing more serious.
    I'll check it out, thanks

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

Just got my 26 Bravo back from him this past Monday.
    Great guy to deal with and knows his stuff.