Rebuilding a Vault hub on Ranger trailer/ Torsion axle

I have a friend with a 2018 Ranger trailer that has both hubs on the rear axle leaking. I have a Triton trailer, same year with spring axles and I have rebuilt 3 of my Vault hubs so I know how to do it on my trailer. Is a torsion axle the same, you just pull the caliper and then remove the hub? Can he pull the caliper and take the hub somewhere to be rebuilt? I don’t think he’s comfortable doing it himself. Thanks

I have rebuilt two of mine. I'm sure there are dealers who will rebuild them, but it might be close to the same price, and a lot easier, to just buy a new hub and swing arm. Also, if he takes the hub off and has somebody rebuild it, he's going to have to reinstall the hub and inject the hybrid grease to complete the job.

3. Member
    Here’s a parts list for the 3.7k hub.

UFP DB-35
    Timken Set 4 bearings and races
    Timken Set 13 bearing and races
    Timken 470460 seal
    Vault 1.98” protective cap
    UFP 32742 O-ring for behind Vault cap
    UFP 33522 wear sleeve
    UFP 32736 O-ring for under wear sleeve
    1 tube of Vault Hybrid Oil/Grease
    [COLOR=var(--accent-color) !important]PacificTrailers.com has great prices on the UFP parts, Amazon has good prices on the Timken parts.[/COLOR]

4. Member

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blair B View Post
    Thanks for the links. I have done 3 hubs on my trailer but I have spring axles and not torsion. I’m just trying to get an idea of what I’m looking at if I offer to help my friend. On my spring axle you pull the caliper and then just take the hub off. Is it basically the same with a torsion axle? Thanks

Yes. Easy.