East Texas Fishing

Hello All You Texans,

I’m looking at making a trip to the east Texas area for a bucket list fishing trip. It’s been a long time dream of mine to fish Lake Fork, but I’d be happy to fish any of the east Texas lakes that would be showing out this spring.

I’m planning a 3 ~ 4 week trip starting late February, maybe early March. I’d like stay east of I-35. What lake(s) would you recommend for a trip this spring?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

DB

2. Member
    If you're hitting the spawn, Toledo(grass), Palestine(flipping brush), Fairfield(tons of hydrilla), and Rayburn(haygrass,hydrilla,brush), not in any particular order. I live 45 minutes from fork, and I'm sure you've read it everywhere, but it is still way down, not much vegetation to fish when it comes to spawn fishing.

3. Member
    I have a place at Toledo and fish Toledo and Rayburn. The grass is in better shape on Toledo than it has been in a while. It’s been a while since I’ve found grass thick enough to bog down the trolling motor at Toledo but I did this weekend. Fishing has been really good. The bass are extra thick right now. Rayburn grass is good. Lots of pressure over there. multiple tournaments every weekend. Don’t forget about the smaller lakes like Kurth, Nacodgches, Naconiche, Athens.

My mom has an Airbnb at Toledo if you’re looking for a place.
    Brandon
    04 Ranger 520

Nacadoches just put out a 13lber. Lot of lakes they will all be good that time of year.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

5. Member
    Lake o the Pines is good especially when the level is a couple feet high and water gets in the brush.
    2016 Phoenix 819 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Kenny

There is a web site a lot of guys in Texas are on. Texas Fishing Fourm.com Get on there and you will find a ton of info.

7. Member
    This website has everything you could ever need to know about Lake Fork: http://www.ets-systems.com/

I live on Bob Sandlin and fish several east TX lakes, I highly recommend you go to Toledo Bend and contact AggieRanger05 in post #3. Toledo Bend is so large you could fish a different part of the lake every day and not see the same place twice. We fish north of Huxley’s all the way to the river on both Texas and Louisiana sides. It will be on fire late Feb early March!

Texas Lake levels www.waterdatafortexas.org.

https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

Be warned that TFF has even more Trolls on it than BBC……..just sayin……
    Last edited by jpt7779; 01-26-2023 at 07:04 PM.
    JT

2014 Ranger Z521C / Yamaha VMAX SHO 250 / IONIC Batteries
    Garmin 57” Force TM, ECHOMAP Ultra 106sv’s, LVS34