Shimano/Loomis Price/Increase

Confirmed, Across the board, some significant coming 2/1. Just an fyi. Dan
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

2. Member
    Yuck…guess I need to make a few purchases. Thanks for the heads up.

3. Member
    any to the curado line of reels?

4. Member
    Another $50 or more this time?

Everything is going up across the board…
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

6. Member
    This is crap its already overpriced and people can't hardly afford nice shit anymore
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury
    999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NRXfever View Post
    This is crap its already overpriced and people can't hardly afford nice shit anymore
    As is the grand plan...

8. Member
    Stopped fishing Loomis after the first couple of price increases. Ridiculous.

9. Member
    Already some of the most expensive stuff out there. I love them but don’t see myself buying much more.

10. Member
    Sometimes I wonder how high they could go with conquest / NRX type rods. I'm convinced they could price them at 2K apiece and people would still go for it.

That said, shimano at least has quite a bit of stuff at reasonable price points. Their mid end reels are still great products imo
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

11. Member
    Kistler used to do the same. They raised their prices faster than anyone else while outsourcing blanks and reducing the quality of components used. I loved Kistler but they sure aren’t worth the full retail price imo. Seemed like they jacked the prices up $25 for a few years in a row. About 6 years ago an Argon was $160 They’re now $200+.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Just me personally, will never buy a Loomis again.

13. Member
    Add this the the mix

Saw this on a post from JDM Tackle Heaven

"[Change of type of guide rings in Shimano rods] Shimano announced that TORZITE rings in some of their rods would be replaced with SiC guide rings from April this year. Some may be very disappointed, but it is true that some rods have been delayed in production for over a year due to a lack of supply of TORZITE rings. Hopefully this will resolve the delay in rod production."

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diggy_ View Post
    Add this the the mix

Saw this on a post from JDM Tackle Heaven

"[Change of type of guide rings in Shimano rods] Shimano announced that TORZITE rings in some of their rods would be replaced with SiC guide rings from April this year. Some may be very disappointed, but it is true that some rods have been delayed in production for over a year due to a lack of supply of TORZITE rings. Hopefully this will resolve the delay in rod production."
    Unfortunately, this has been the case for quite some time, last spring when I went to have the fine folks at the custom rod shop at Thorne Bros build me another set of custom L/ML casting rods for presenting my JDM micro vibrating baits such as the 1/8oz Evergreen Little Max and the 1/8oz Deps Circuit Vibe, they indicated that there was a shortage of my preferred Fuji Torzite Titanium framed rod guides and asked if I wanted to change over to Fuji SiC Titanium framed guide rings. I told them to hold off on the custom rod order and that weekend, I drove to my lake cabin and grabbed two older L/ML custom casting rods they had built for me a few years earlier and had them strip the rod guides off of those rods instead of using Fuji SiC guide rings.

Since I only use braid with an FC leader, I prefer the durability and light weight of Fuji Torzite Titanium framed rod guide/rings for all of my casting rods whenever possible.
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"