Newer Rnager console removal question

Hi all. I am in the market for a new to me boat. I want single console. There are some that I like, but have dual console. I am attaching photos of single console Rangers. If I were to remove the passenger console, is it possible to buy these trim pieces, and will that cover up any damage done from removing the console. I know the process of the removal. I did it on my 03 521. But that had the solid white interior gelcoat. So I was able to get it from Ranger and patch it myself. I am trying to avoid anything like that with the next one I purchase. But like I said there are a few out there that have everything I'm looking for, but the 2nd console is a deal breaker for me. I don't mind doing the work of correctly removing the console, but if those trim pieces won't cover all the potential damage, then I will move on to the next one. Thanks for the info
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    With a hull serial number, you can order any original equipment part from a late-model Ranger. However, the trim pieces you show in your pictures will not necessarily cover all fiberglass damage that might result from detaching a bolted-and-epoxied factory passenger console. As you imply in your post, the scratched/damaged areas of the gel coat can be repaired; the materials are available from Ranger. But as your post also implies, metal flake finishes are trickier to repair than solid gel coat colors. Good luck with your process. Maybe if you find a dealership or other fiberglass repair shop to do the work?
    Last edited by jc2bg; 01-23-2023 at 08:45 AM.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    thank you. That's what I was worried about. I don't want to drop a lot of money on a new to me boat and immediately need fiberglass repair. Thanks for the help

4. Member
    I sent you a pm. I’m pretty sure you can cover all the damage with the single console parts from Ranger.

What year and model boat? I have those parts from removing it on my boat a few years back. I added the second console so I took those parts off and could sell you at good price. Sorry, didn't read right, don't have boat yet.
    Last edited by Geaux-Fish; 01-25-2023 at 05:36 PM.

2015 Ranger Z119c
    2017 Ranger Z520c
    2007 Ranger Z20
    2006 Ranger Z20

6. Member
    Geaux-fish. Yeah no boat yet. I'm looking at a 2019 up. 520 or 521. I want the new Merc