Screen aspect ratio and Active Target and Side Scan

Looking for advice on screen shape for using active target and side scan. 9inch rectangular screen vs 10inch a slightly taller more square screen. I need to update two units one on the bow and one at the console.
    I know this is like splitting hairs but chime in with your preference if you think it makes a difference.

2. Member
    Can’t believe you haven’t gotten a reply yet. Go with the biggest screens you can afford. If you have any plans of using active target in a split screen on 1 unit then you need to go with even a bigger screen. The aspect ratio on AT in a split screen setting makes it super small and honestly almost worthless. I had a live 16 and waited for AT to come out, got it, used it solely as the main screen for it and it was great. I used it in a 4 way split with sonar, charts, downscan and AT and i hated it. The box on the screen for AT was roughly 5x6 and the AT image was even smaller due to it sizing it per the ratio and it had black bars at the top and bottom for what looked like an inch tall each. So the AT image was maybe 3x5 at most and that was on a 16. For sidescan any size would be fine. It doesn’t get cut down like AT does does and keeps itself full screened. With the live 12’s being on sale now and you could swing it that would be your best route to go.

3. Member
    I have run it on a 12” and a 16”. I agree with the post above, just get that 12” Live on sale. If it’s out of your budget, a 9” will work fine, just might have to squint a bit more.