Boat Canopy Storage guys...

For those using a Boat Canopy... do you still use the boat cover as well?

Recently installed a King Canopy with walls and front/back - cover was on boat when I put it in the first time and I just left it in place, but now coming back from an outing I didn't bother with the cover as it was getting late/dark... not sure if I should bother with it now really? Maybe if I know I won't be using it for a few weeks I guess?

It's not a huge deal, but it can be annoying to get on due to adding graphs a bow and console, as well as TM pole mount, so it's just finicky to get on and off now lol.

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I keep mine in a metal shop but sometimes leave the boat cover on....reason, is if it will be a while before using again or summertime during grass cutting season, it helps keep the dirt/dust out.....now i dont tie it down, just drape it over. Something else to think about, being in the Florida, the humidity.....id say just drap it over the boat until next use.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

I don't use the cover during the summer as I'm in and out of it and fishing so often but during the winter I keep the cover on it just to make it more difficult for animals to get in there
    "The handicapped angler"

Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    I don't use the cover during the summer as I'm in and out of it and fishing so often but during the winter I keep the cover on it just to make it more difficult for animals to get in there
    Yeah this is what I am thinking, use it when not using the boat as much, but not when I'm going out every weekend. Will see how it goes. As FishinCousin mentioned, probably not a big deal to drape it over to keep dust and whatnot off of it, and snug it down for longer periods or if storms coming, etc.

Didn't think about small animals, good point there as well.

I put the cover on when the batteries are done charging. Just habit. If the boat is wet, I run a box fan untill it's dry then cover it. I also cover the motor and my talon. My canopy doesn't have sides either but it is sandwiched between my neighbor and my house. That pretty grass in there won't last long.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cwilt View Post
    I put the cover on when the batteries are done charging. Just habit. If the boat is wet, I run a box fan untill it's dry then cover it. I also cover the motor and my talon. My canopy doesn't have sides either but it is sandwiched between my neighbor and my house. That pretty grass in there won't last long.
    that's a stock pic, but yeah my grass looks like that now, but expect it to die off soon lol. Might go with gravel or something under there, still mulling over options.

Im in Middleburg here in FL and I have a Carolina Car Port with walls half way down, I still cover the boat. If you have any questins PM me

Spanky

My "Boat Hangar" is on concrete slab and has lights and power for the charger. I do keep 2 cut off water bottles filles with moth balls in the rear of the cover splash well area to keep the critters out. Ive had it for about 10 years and it works like a champ. The Ranger looks like it did when I got her brand new...

Spanky

Yep I think cover and moth balls will be needed after all, one of the local cats took refuge from the rain the other night and camped out on the rear deck...

I keep mine in a metal building, but it's not "Dust" proof. So, I bought a cheap cover at WalMart that I don't have to tie down. and cover it if I'm not going out for a week or so.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

Mine is a 12 x 27 King Canopy that I call my Geto Gurage

I have 2 large LED Shop lights up top and power plugs mounted on the sides
    It sits on concrete (required by the city)

I wish they still made them this big as mine in on its 10th year and I figure I’ll have to go to a metal carport in the near future
    "The handicapped angler"

Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    Mine is a 12 x 27 King Canopy that I call my Geto Gurage

I have 2 large LED Shop lights up top and power plugs mounted on the sides
    It sits on concrete (required by the city)

I wish they still made them this big as mine in on its 10th year and I figure I’ll have to go to a metal carport in the near future
    Yeah that is the one I wanted, but they only make it in 20ft long now, the 27FT is a 10x27. My ZX will fit, but the ends panels bow out a bit :). I also wanted metal, but cost and permitting was a concern.