Power Pole Blade or Raptor?

Really thinking its time to get atleast one shallow water anchor and having a difficult time choosing between a power pole blade or a minnkota raptor. Length will most likely be 8ft and going on a 21ft boat. Im a bit behind on getting into the shallow anchor bandwagon so bare with me lol. I understand the blades are more expensive but are they worth the price difference compared to the raptor? Also is it worth getting the active anchoring with the raptor?

2. Member
    The Blades are nice. Well built. I know nothing about the raptors. If budget allows, get two. It makes it easier to position the boat. If you just have one anchor, you have to pay attention to wind/current direction. But, one is better than none.

I'd rather have two used, beat to sh&t old sportsmans or Pro II' than one sparkling brand new blade or raptor, tbh. I ran one pole for about 3 weeks before adding a second one. One pole is pretty much worthless, imo. Not really, but close. As long as you like spinning, one will work.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    We sell both. However a Raptor IMO can not be compared to a blade . The Raptor is closest to the Pro II in the PowerPole lineup and should be compared and priced as such. I'd be happy to go over models etc with you PM sent.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 01-23-2023 at 07:09 PM.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    This debate will go round and round. Here is a link to the conversation posted a few days ago. Short read which you may have already come across.

https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1205416

Any question contact Rich at Hydrilla Gear 954-917-0634 We also have a handful of custom color 8' BLADES in stock if you decide to go that route.

6. Member
    Get two of whatever you choose.
    '98 187 Elite, 175 EFI (Serial 0G750796)

7. Member
    Can both power poles and raptors both be stopped halfway down to get the boat into a garage? Or do they stop only when they hit the bottom?

8. Member
    They can be stopped at multiple points, fine to lower for garage
    2012 Ranger Z521
    2012 ProXS 250

Big thing for me from Raptor to Power Pole is the customer service Power Pole has.
    Their customer service can not be beat.

10. Member
    No experience with Minn Kota but I have had a set of Blades on a previous boat and a set of Sportsman II's on a boat I just traded. I know the Blades are the premium anchors but I'm not sure I'd pay the extra money for them. I just fish for fun so a little harder for me to justify the extra cost. The Blades probably have a better look but the function is the same no matter which one you choose. I never had an issue with either one. Getting a set is great advice.
    Last edited by jtrac; 01-31-2023 at 09:03 PM.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

11. Member
    There is a recent thread going over on the ranger site about this also .
    2022 z520r