Minn Kota charger/battery question

I have a Minn Kota MK 330D On-Board Battery Charger. There is a light for each battery, blinking orange(charging), blinking green(full charge), solid green(long term maintenance mode). I have one battery that stays flashing green and never goes solid green. I switched the the leads to see if the trouble followed the battery or was possibly a charger issue…the trouble followed the battery. Any ideas on what would cause this? What voltage should I have across the two batteries that are used for the 24v trolling motor and what voltage should I have for each individual battery if I isolate each battery?

2. Member
    I had one do that for awhile before it started stinking and completely went bad so I replaced it, the battery I mean. The charger detected the problem in my case.

Each battery should read 12.7-12.8 at rest 2 hours after disconnecting the charger. Combined 25.6.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

4. Member
    Voltage across both was 24.8 about 3 hours after disconnecting charger. Does that seem concerning or ok? I haven’t disconnected and tested each battery individually.

5. Member
    Not an expert but you might want to do at least a load test on each of them. Mine not only was stinking but felt real warm to the touch as well. Than can cause a fire if left unattended in a state like that. We have experts on here such as CatFan who may chime in with more professional knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Washtub View Post
    Voltage across both was 24.8 about 3 hours after disconnecting charger. Does that seem concerning or ok? I haven’t disconnected and tested each battery individually.

6. Member
    If the trouble followed the battery, sounds like its the battery, call Minn Kota service at 1-800-227-6433, they should know their chargers better than anyone.

7. Member
    Is 24.8v a good voltage or does that seem low? I checked a couple hours after charger was disconnected.

8. Member
    24.8 seems low to me. That is an average charge of only 12.4v for each battery. I believe that anything under 12.5 is considered low and ideally charged batteries should be as noted earlier in this thread to be 12.7 or higher. You may have one battery real low which is hurting the average of the two or you may have both batteries showing signs of needing to be replaced.

9. Member
    I believe I found the culprit. I isolated each battery and one battery was 12.83 after 2 hours unplugged. The other battery that kept blinking on the charger tested 12.16.