Illuminated switch for yellow wire...

I am soon to install my Active Target 2. I want to put an illuminated LED switch I bought off Amazon beside the bow unit to open and close the yellow wake-up wire circuit between the AT module and the bow unit. Will the switch light up when switched on and go dark when switched off with only the current sent thru the yellow wire? Or do I have to connect DC power to the 3rd switch pole?
    Last edited by Johnnyred; 01-22-2023 at 02:11 PM.

John Walker - Matthews NC

2021 Ranger RT198P - Mercury 150 4S - Enertia Eco
    VesselView Link - MotorGuide Tour Pro - Lowrance Carbons

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyred View Post
    I am soon to install my Active Target 2. I want to put an illuminated LED switch I bought off Amazon beside the bow unit to open and close the yellow wake-up wire circuit between the AT module and the bow unit. Will the switch light up when switched on and go dark when switched off with only the current sent thru the yellow wire? Or do I have to connect DC power to the 3rd switch pole?
    I bought one from Autozone and had the same concerns as you, but yes the current is sufficient to turn the light on.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeky View Post
    I bought one from Autozone and had the same concerns as you, but yes the current is sufficient to turn the light on.
    Mike, excellent! So did u put the yellow from the AT on one switch pole. yellow from your unit on the 2nd switch pole, and connect the 3rd pole to ground or negative on your battery or fuse block? Or did u only have to connect the 2 yellow wires?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyred View Post
    Mike, excellent! So did u put the yellow from the AT on one switch pole. yellow from your unit on the 2nd switch pole, and connect the 3rd pole to ground or negative on your battery or fuse block? Or did u only have to connect the 2 yellow wires?
    Each yellow to its own switch pole (I think they are labeled line and load), then neg wire to neg pole on switch.

The switch will work with only yellow wires connected, but neg has to be connected to complete the circuit for the light to function.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeky View Post
    Each yellow to its own switch pole (I think they are labeled line and load), then neg wire to neg pole on switch.

The switch will work with only yellow wires connected, but neg has to be connected to complete the circuit for the light to function.
    Perfect thx for clarifying that is what I thought

6. Member
    Just a thought, but if you're using a switch to turn on/off your AT independently from the unit, there's no need to run the yellow from the unit to the switch at all. Connect the red and yellow from the AT to one switch leg, power to the other and neg to ground somewhere. That's how mine is set up and works just fine.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath View Post
    Just a thought, but if you're using a switch to turn on/off your AT independently from the unit, there's no need to run the yellow from the unit to the switch at all. Connect the red and yellow from the AT to one switch leg, power to the other and neg to ground somewhere. That's how mine is set up and works just fine.
    This is what I did.