Excess throttle cable?

Every since I've owned my F200 I've wondered why when accelerating I reach full throttle at about 2/3 of the travel of the hotfoot pedal. At least a couple more inches of travel in pedal/cable. No increase in RPM or speed after cable fully extends. If throttle lever on motor is at full travel at the 2/3 distance of pedal travel where does the extra cable go? Is this a setup issue? I've had the boat for 6 years now and never had a problem, just wondering.
    2013 X19 F200LB Yamaha

2. Member
    Your motor has an Accelerator Position Sensor (APS) that is activated by your throttle cable. The APS then tells the throttle how much to open.

I am guessing that the APS lever arm, to which the throttle cable is attached, can rotate much further than it needs to.

Why not observe the movement of the throttle cable and APS in motion? Or disconnect the throttle cable from the APS and then rotate the APS lever arm while observing the actual throttle valve. See if the lever arm is able to travel further even though the throttle valve is fully open.

3. Member
    So you're saying that the cable only indirectly opens the throttle valve? Or at some point the APS takes over opening the valve? I guess I thought the lever would open the throttle like old carb. motors. I'll tri to look into this. Thanks.
    2013 X19 F200LB Yamaha

4. Member
    The APS always controls the throttle valve opening. Cable tells the APS what to do and the APS tells the throttle what to do. Electronically.

5. Member
    Adjust the stop on the hotfoot so it doesn't travel past full throttle.

I just did this today on my VF225, adjusting the hotfot limiting screw to stop the overtravel at the thottle assembly, as discussed in this post...

https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread...1#post12795997