Anybody attend Fishing Show?

Wondering if anyone noticed if there were any vendors there with long crappie pokes? Intesersted in 8,9,10,12’ poles. Not sure if I want to make the drive.

thanks
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

2. Member
    Check out Southern Crappie rods out of NC. I am extremely happy with my 14’ rods. Give him a call. He was very helpful when I was making my decision.

3. mikesxpress
    Fishing shows in Virginia are a great place to buy a hot tub, gutter guards, windows, and ADT security systems. Fishing/boating stuff not so much.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Fishing shows in Virginia are a great place to buy a hot tub, gutter guards, windows, and ADT security systems. Fishing/boating stuff not so much.
    Agree with you 100%

I was surprised that no BassCat’s were there. Not in the market but always like to drool. I picked up a couple of painted cranks but that was it. Was there about an hour.
    2010 BassCat Cougar
    2010 Mercury 250 ProXS
    Minn Kota 36V/112
    Lowrance HDS 12's
    Hydrowave

6. Member
    Wishing for the old days...Bassarama

7. Member
    My son and I went just to spend some one-on-one time together and kill a couple of hours on a cold, rainy day. He picked up a dozen flies from one vendor to use as models when he's tying his own, and a hoodie, just because he needed a new one. He also got a fairly stout lesson in kayak safety from one of the kayak vendors reps out of Gloucester which, was a reminder to him that dad's constant requests for float plans, location services turned on and regular check-ins are not just Dad being a pain in the arse, LOL. Not much to see/do as usual. But we enjoyed our time together so, there's that.
    I'd Rather be Fishing

8. Member
    We went. Not very good this year
    Semper Fi

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by motobuffy View Post
    That was a great show in its time!

10. Member
    It was definitely not a good show. I say every year i am not going, but what else are you going to be doing on a rainy cold day?? I did have to deliver some oil to a guy that bought some from me, so that is the main reason I went. Dave's tx Tackle was not even there. I cannot remember him ever not being at a show. With online sales and social media, shows are not as valuable as they once were.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

11. Member
    I miss the days when they had this show at the state fairgrounds and would fill all the buildings there with boats and fishing related vendors. I even remember Hooters girls being there to support a tournament trail that they sponsored. That was a big deal when you were 15 years old. It was one of the biggest shows around.

12. Member
    And that guy with the small casting tank showing off that crazy lookning spinnerbait/chatterbait/skited bait with the big wires to keep it from hanging up when coming thru brush. Those were the days. And the ladies from Greene Boat and Motor were so nice. They would price up the rig right there for you. Of which I had no way of affording.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JINXBASS View Post
    It was definitely not a good show. I say every year i am not going, but what else are you going to be doing on a rainy cold day?? I did have to deliver some oil to a guy that bought some from me, so that is the main reason I went. Dave's tx Tackle was not even there. I cannot remember him ever not being at a show. With online sales and social media, shows are not as valuable as they once were.
    Shockingly Dave wasn't at the Raleigh show either. I usually go to VA show with my dad but he came to Raleigh this year. He ended up at Virginia show solo and said he'd seen it all in about an hour.

14. Member
    Dave was not at the Raleigh show either….and I brought the gift certificate my kids got me for Christmas!

15. Official BBC Highjacker bassboogieman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    *This post is recycled from 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and Mike was just waiting for this question to keep his streak alive.

16. mikesxpress
    The last show Bruce went to had Depends and Life Alerts on display next to the aluminum wheel chair ramps.

17. Member
    Sure ain’t like the old bassarama where as a 12 year old I would leave with several bags of free worms
    , four cans of skoal and a box of Levi Garett pouches!!!

Quote Originally Posted by motobuffy View Post
    that was always a good place to shop....fairground days
    Allen
    911 Bass Anglers
    Bucks County PA