Looking at purchasing a 2000 ZX 202

I am looking at purchasing a ZX 202 with a Yamaha OX66 225 motor. Boat seems to be in good shape for 23 year old boat. Motor compression was checked and all cylinders came in around 105. No electonics or trolling motor. ( I using mine from my current boat)

What do I need to be looking for on the motor? Never owned a Yamaha only Mercury. He is asking $12,500 for the boat. New carpet and new seats.

Any thoughts or things I need to look for on boat or motor? What I have read the OX66 was a great motor.

Thank you.

2. Member
    Best motor Yamaha has ever made. Compression appears to be good so as long as it runs good, I wouldn't be worried about it at all.

3. Member
    I own a 1986 Yamaha ProV 150 motor that has always performed well. All I have done is routine maintenance and replaced the oil reservoir level indicator under the cowling. I still use oil injection!

4. Member
    Keep up with the 02 sensor. The tube going to it can carbon off. The 3 low pressure pumps can be issues also. But pretty solid motors! I would make it a routine to send the injectors out to be cleaned and flow tested every couple years also I want to say I would send them to (brucatos) it can make a huge difference! Those are the only real issues I can think I had with mine while I had it. The boat, My 202 was solid never had any issues with it loved it. Had it 6 or 7 years before I got my 21i.

5. Member
    You are going to love that hull. I totally regret selling mine some days.

6. Member
    I have a 1999 ZX202C with 200hp OX66. It is a fun boat to drive. Ditch the LP Pumps and go with electric fuel pump and a 25M prop.

7. Member
    That year it might be a "tube" steel trailer (not channel iron) so you should check it closely for weak welds, etc. from rust especially if it's been in salt water. Just so you have no surprise repairs to do. But definitely a great boat/motor ...
    2002 Skeeter ZX200
    2018 200SHO

8. Member
    Skeeter ZX195C -2000 model /1999 ox66 -200 HP yammy -great rig owned since 2018 - boats been flawless -that 202 is nice basically same as mine -a bit bigger -good luck !!

9. Member
    There used to be several of those in a bass club I was in years ago. Man, they were nice rigs. Great ride and I don't remember much complaining about the motor.

10. Member
    probably a dumb question but what are "LP" pumps and what does it cost to convert to electric fuel pumps.

11. Member
    Great boat! Little rough in rough water cause its so light. Motor is awesome as well if you keep up on the maintenance that has already been stated above. Loved the fuel mileage also!.

12. Member
    I have a 2000 zx202 and it is without question a solid boat. Delete the low pressure diaphragms and replace with a carter fuel pump, keep the O2 sensor clean and it will last for years.