HDS12 on top or bottom for a duel graph bow mount

Hey all, recently picked up an HDS Live 12 and I plan on Pairing it with an Elite FS9 I already have on the bow, I plan on mainly using the 12 for active target and the FS9 for mapping/down scan occasionally. I planned originally on putting the 12 on the bottom the bottom mount since ill be playing with the settings on that one more then the 9 but was wondering if the bigger screen would interfere with the 9 at all with it being on the bottom. This is the mount I plan to use https://bassboattech.com/index.php/b...al-stack-mount. Any feedback is appreciated.

2. Member
    I like my Active target on top of my BBT dual stack mount. That way you neck is in a better angle when viewing it for hours at a time.

3. Member
    I have a Precision Sonar dual stack mount. Tried it both ways with a 9" on top and the 1 2" on the bottom. Prefer the 1 2" on top. Not only is ffs easier to see it also gives you more room for your foot on the trolling motor. Try it both ways. Which ever is comfortable for you is the best.
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    225 Mercury 4 Stroke ProXS (# 2B591262)
    MinnKota Ultrex trolling motor
    Lowrance HDS Carbons

I went through this, there's a thread on it back in mid 22... https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1182927

The consensus generally was...

Larger screen for FFS if possible
    FFS screen on top since you will interact with it more than map unit (most likely)

Alternatively, larger unit on bottom, smaller unit on top "flows" better at the console, for lack of a better word, as it matches the angle at the bow. But it's not set in stone, I ran it both ways and both ways worked... but eventually wound up with dual 12" units :).