Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rod locker moose antler solution

Never was a fan of the moose antler and couple with the tubes, it's down right infuriating!

After seeing what the R boat had for the rod management a light bulb went off! STAIRS!

Here's what I what I was working with.
    10 - 6MmwHib.jpg
    Much wasted space as the spots closest to the center create a bend in the rod going into the tubes...
    I would have to stack rods on top of each other in the space between the notches to maximizes the number of rods that would fit. They were usually my most used rods.

9 - RLPIugN.jpg 11 - Iekjuj8.jpg
    Used the existing bracket holes to mount it to the floor.

8 - nsvS3Wa.jpg 7 - 8LpDxS4.jpg 5 - mDFbiMK.jpg 4 - hbhB1aH.jpg
    Took about 30 total hours of measuring, cutting, drilling, multiple trips to the hardware store, verifying the fit of each piece, cutting again, and sanding...
    I felt that the three screws in the floor wasn't going to be enough (since there's probably an additional 4lbs of marine board material than the old moose antler) so I also secured to the back wall. And since that side has the sandwich shelf, I didn't have to worry about punching through the cooler wall.

3 - ys0vQDb.jpg 2 - tiRFVYl.jpg
    12 rods pictured with room for more on the top step and more on the floor if you really wanted.
    The best part is that it's way easier to pull rods out since I can just slides the rods across the step to get to the lower ones.
    The downside is that you're limited to the top two steps for 8' + rods, but you can put 7'6 rods on the lowest step and up to 7'3 rods on the floor.
    Last edited by BassCPT; 01-21-2023 at 11:26 AM.
    united in the pursuit of bass.