Stick Marsh Report and Question

I have been fishing several other lakes lately and one in particular. I have not been on Stick Marsh in a few months.

I have a buddy that lives close to Stick Marsh and wanted to fish it so I went down to his house to fish it with him.

So I will ask a dumb question.....where did the eel grass and hydrilla go?? Last year it was everywhere. This year it is gone. We fished maybe 10 different spots we hit several times last year and there was no weeds and eel grass this year when there was a lot last year.

Did they actually spray a 6000 acre lake bank to bank??? Does anybody know FOR SURE what happened?? One guy said the hurricane raised the water level and killed it. It is pretty barren for that. Did anybody see them spray? Hard to believe 6000 acres sprayed.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

I don't know for sure, but thought SM/13/Fellsmere/Headwaters/etc was the FWC's crown jewel, and that they didnt' spray there. But I could be wrong...

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    I don't know for sure, but thought SM/13/Fellsmere/Headwaters/etc was the FWC's crown jewel, and that they didnt' spray there. But I could be wrong...
    FWC not spray somewhere? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    I have been fishing several other lakes lately and one in particular. I have not been on Stick Marsh in a few months.

I have a buddy that lives close to Stick Marsh and wanted to fish it so I went down to his house to fish it with him.

So I will ask a dumb question.....where did the eel grass and hydrilla go?? Last year it was everywhere. This year it is gone. We fished maybe 10 different spots we hit several times last year and there was no weeds and eel grass this year when there was a lot last year.

Did they actually spray a 6000 acre lake bank to bank??? Does anybody know FOR SURE what happened?? One guy said the hurricane raised the water level and killed it. It is pretty barren for that. Did anybody see them spray? Hard to believe 6000 acres sprayed.
    Brother, they nuked the entire Harris Chain two weeks before a MLF pro event. End to end, every lake with airboats and helicopters. 75,000 acres. The place was a pea soup mess for the whole world to see. What makes you think they wouldn't do the same to a measly 6000 acres?

5. Member
    Wish I could tell you folks how to get them to quit the over spraying. Been watching the effects on Big O for last 10 years + the hurricane damage. Hate to hear of them spraying Stickmarsh If they did & Headwaters. Hope they leave Garcia alone but is probably on hit list.

6. Derek McCullough
    High stained water is a big factor on the decline of the grass!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppin' Frog View Post
    FWC not spray somewhere? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Really

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post

They sprayed it to death. You can poison 100 of the 6000 acres and wind and current will make sure it gets spread out.

Same story as Rodman - not a blade of submerged grass. They even have open work orders to spray dollar weed.

Its not the hurricanes or associated high water that keeps the SAV gone. All herbicides have pre-emergent properties. Spray early and often and nothing can grow.

In contrast, there is a lake that sustained a direct Cat 4 or 5 hit and the grass was back in 12 months.

9. Banned
    If ya see the spray boat trailers at the ramp make sure ya say hello and remind them how much they are appreciated!!! Eddie Murphy style (48 hours).