Thread: DTS

DTS

I wanted to start a new thread on DTS as not to high jack the other one. I have a Verado 250HP serial # 3B137985. When I'm running and try to use the trim buttons on the throttle and hit a little wave it bumps the throttle faster or slower in an instant. Sometimes if the wave is big enough it can cause serious issues. Is there a way to install remote trim switches on the dash panel. I've tried resting my hand on the side of the throttle like I used to do on the cable throttle but it is still to sensitive.

2. Member
    They do make blinker style trim levers that mount just forward of the steering wheel,like in a vehicle.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby Moser View Post
    They do make blinker style trim levers that mount just forward of the steering wheel,like in a vehicle.
    Yes I have one for the jack plate I'm curios if they offer something like that for the DTS system.
    Thanks

Yes, the same blinker style switch for the trim is available in a dual lever mount. Do you have tilt wheel? You can also adjust the tension on the throttle so this does not happen as easily.

5. Member
    As Bloodman mentioned above there’s a tension setting (screw adjustment) under the panel for the DTS throttle. Made all the difference for me. I didn’t know it was there until I did some research. The dealer had it set way too loose when I took delivery of it. I thought I forgot how to drive a boat until I tightened up on the adjustment.

I also added paddle style switches that mount right behind the steering wheel for the trim as well as the jackplate. They’re awesome.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rpr; 01-22-2023 at 01:53 PM.
    2020 Triton 216 Fishunter
    Mercury V8 300 Verado (2B646603)

6. Member
    Thanks guys I'll try the adjustment first.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stosiak View Post
    Thanks guys I'll try the adjustment first.
    ^^^^^

IF you decide to do the Blinker-Style trim, there are specific harness connections required (NEVER, EVER splice into your DTS harness).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    For reference, the paddle style switches shown in my pics above are made by UFlex, Model DPTS2. As Don mentioned you’ll need to order the harnesses separately though. Rhonda in Don’s shop can hook you up.
    2020 Triton 216 Fishunter
    Mercury V8 300 Verado (2B646603)